Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Residencia and importing personal effects

Residencia and importing personal effects

Old Aug 25th 2015, 1:40 am
Just Joined

GGTrek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residencia and importing personal effects

Hi, I am planning a family move from Brazil to Valencia and I have a few doubts. All my family members have double UK/Italian citizenship .
I have a few questions about the following requirements for residence and import of personal effects in Spain:
(a) I shall need to register in the padrón as soon as I arrive (without any rental contract in my name). Can my uncle (resident in Valencia) come with my family to the ayuntamento to register my family members with his house address?
(b) I shall have a small part-time job as an employee of a company in Valencia and it is going to be quite easy for me to register for EU residence card, however the requirements for my wife and children registration are more complicated especially this document:
"Si es familiar de ciudadano de la Unión se deberá aportar:
Documentación acreditativa de la dependencia económica."
Were you guys asked about proving that your family members (spouse and minor children) were dependent on you? How did you prove it?
(c) is there a minimum income I need to prove to the COMISARIA de POLICIA to register my family? Is 800 EUR income of a part-time job going to be enough?
(d) I have a non resident NIE Certificate which has expired one year ago, will the company need a non expired NIE certificate to register my employment contract? Will a Spanish bank require a recent NIE certificate to open a bank account (not expired)?
e) Can anyone recommend a good customs agent in Valencia airport or port or at Madrid airport?
f) I am also thinking about shipping my personal effects to the UK (much simpler customs requirements than Spain), clearing customs in the UK through a UK customs agent and then shipping from UK to Spain. Has anyone ever tried this route? Any recommendation for a good custom agent and shipping company in the UK?

Any type of answer to any point above is well appreciated

Thank you