Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Residencia - Green A4 sheet

Residencia - Green A4 sheet

Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:20 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Residencia - Green A4 sheet

Well, here's a new one on me.

We are trying to get our SIP cards - long story so I won't bore you. Suffice to say, Spain will NOT give our children health cover despite me and the consulate quoting "ley del menores"!

Any way, today we were asked for more documentation (even though we gave them all that they first asked for). Specifically;
  • Updated padron - easyily done
  • Proof of income - already given them copies of tax return and bank statements. So how does one PROVE income?
  • Updated 'residencia' - apparantly ours from 2006 is 'out-of-date'.

So, we are now told, by officials, that the 'residencia' or 'list of foreigners' runs out! We asked the national police about this and they very respectfully asked how a name on a list can 'run out' - 'how can we put you on that list again?' they asked.

Also, our extranjero office (run by national police) has been moved to Valencia. We have been told that they are all being centralised to save money!

Any one know how we can renew our 'residencia'? and how we can PROVE our income?

Bl**dy Spain - I used to enjoy it here but they are making things so hard.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of
Default Re: Residencia - Green A4 sheet

I renewed mine last month - the old one was 11 months out of date.

You used to be able to go to any station of Policia Nacional to renew but most provinces have now centralised to the capital of the province.

The new form is entitled Extranjeros E18. You can Google it and it is there online and can be completed on line before printing it off - you need 2 copies.

You also need your passport, old Residencia card, if you have one, and photocopies of both passport and the old Residencia card. No photographs required - at least in Jaen.

My appointment in Jaen was for 09.30. I was seen at 09.25, they examined my documentation and I was then given the form to take to the bank and pay 10 Euros 20 centimos. I was told to go back at 12.30 to collect the Residencia. I went back at 11.00 on the off-chance and was seen within about 10 minutes. I was thanked for choosing Spain as a country in which to live and told that, as this was my second Residencia, there would be no need to apply for a third - just hang on to the A4 paper. He took my old credit-card sized Residencia, snipped off a very discrete corner and handed it back to me with a wink.

I still use it as evidence of identity when shopping - no problems.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:48 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alectryon
I renewed mine last month - the old one was 11 months out of date.

You used to be able to go to any station of Policia Nacional to renew but most provinces have now centralised to the capital of the province.

The new form is entitled Extranjeros E18. You can Google it and it is there online and can be completed on line before printing it off - you need 2 copies.

You also need your passport, old Residencia card, if you have one, and photocopies of both passport and the old Residencia card. No photographs required - at least in Jaen.

My appointment in Jaen was for 09.30. I was seen at 09.25, they examined my documentation and I was then given the form to take to the bank and pay 10 Euros 20 centimos. I was told to go back at 12.30 to collect the Residencia. I went back at 11.00 on the off-chance and was seen within about 10 minutes. I was thanked for choosing Spain as a country in which to live and told that, as this was my second Residencia, there would be no need to apply for a third - just hang on to the A4 paper. He took my old credit-card sized Residencia, snipped off a very discrete corner and handed it back to me with a wink.

I still use it as evidence of identity when shopping - no problems.
Surely this is for the NEW, green, A4 sheet which I already have? When does yours (green sheet) expire?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

I did say in my reply that there is no need to renew the green sheet - or at least that was what I was told. Sorry if I didn't make it clearer.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:53 pm
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Alectryon
I did say in my reply that there is no need to renew the green sheet - or at least that was what I was told. Sorry if I didn't make it clearer.
Which was the whole point of my post - why are the officials asking me to renew it and how can I get it renewed?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:53 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Surely this is for the NEW, green, A4 sheet which I already have? When does yours (green sheet) expire?
I've heard of this happening before - & have to admit that I'm confused too

mine has no expiry date on it - maybe you could just get a new copy of the original?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Which was the whole point of my post - why are the officials asking me to renew it and how can I get it renewed?
Sorry, I don't know. Mine has no renewal date on it either.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

Proof of Income = P60
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:49 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

If you have completed the tax forms in Spain would this show proof of income?

When we have visited the office to sort out our SIP cards we have had to have an up to date Padron but have never had our Residencia Certificate questioned so I wonder if that is where the confusion has occurred. We took photocopies and originals of passports, residence certificate and padron. Presumably you need proof of income whereas we needed the forms from UK to prove that we were pensioners.

Good Luck

Rosemary
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:14 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
Proof of Income = P60
in the UK......................no much use if he's been living here for some years
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:14 pm
Retired and loving it!

Proof of Income = P60
Do they do P60's in Spain for early retirees?

Originally Posted by The Oddities
If you have completed the tax forms in Spain would this show proof of income?

When we have visited the office to sort out our SIP cards we have had to have an up to date Padron but have never had our Residencia Certificate questioned so I wonder if that is where the confusion has occurred. We took photocopies and originals of passports, residence certificate and padron. Presumably you need proof of income whereas we needed the forms from UK to prove that we were pensioners.

Good Luck

Rosemary
Yep. Gave them a copy of our tax return but, and to quote, "how does that PROVE income, you could declare anything?"

Nope - they want more!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lynnxa
in the UK......................no much use if he's been living here for some years
I've been living here for some years and get a P60 sent to me every April to prove income and tax paid on income (early retiree pension). Are we saying that the income [in this particular question posed] is made in Spain?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:43 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

I've been living here for some years and get a P60 sent to me every April to prove income and tax paid on income (early retiree pension). Are we saying that the income [in this particular question posed] is made in Spain?
snikpoh could answer that for sure - but I believe so
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Do they do P60's in Spain for early retirees?

Yep. Gave them a copy of our tax return but, and to quote, "how does that PROVE income, you could declare anything?"

Nope - they want more!
you'd only get a P60 if you have an income from the UK still
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:56 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

And I am pretty sure you don't get a P60 for the state pension.

As for the renewal it's just another case of them inventing their own rules - the A4 sheet does not expire.

Go back on another day and I wouldn't be surprised, if you see a different person, that they use another set of rules!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.