Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

residencia card

residencia card

Old Aug 3rd 2016, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

catsndogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default residencia card

Hi All, When we first came to Spain residencia was on a green card. When we applied it had changed to an A4 size green paper. Which is a pain! Friends of ours have just got their resi. and is now on a small card again. Is it possible to have ours changed to the small version?
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 3:22 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: residencia card

Yes, but you will have to pay again, assuming your local Policia Nacional issue plastic ones. Since it is essentially a useless piece of paper and no good for ID, just photo reduce it and get it plastic covered.

If you are ever stopped, all you need is your NIE number and the police can check all your details online.

I got a speeding ticket a few weeks ago and had no ID at all (it was in another car). I gave the police my NIE number which was on the police app on my phone and that was accepted. The receipt had all my details printed on it.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 3:49 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Yes, but you will have to pay again, assuming your local Policia Nacional issue plastic ones. Since it is essentially a useless piece of paper and no good for ID, just photo reduce it and get it plastic covered.
They do tell you, though, that this is NOT allowed!
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 3:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you have to use it for some "official" purpose, then that is probably true.

I carry a photocopy (smaller than the original A4 sheet)) that has been certified as a true copy by the town hall. I have a copy of my passport and driving licence on the same piece of A4 paper, also certified (compuldaso) at the same time. To be valid the copy must be the original copy with the original certification stamp on it. Photo reducing or plastifying the official copy is not permitted.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 4:29 pm
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

Living in the Canary Isles for 15+ years, apart from boarding ferries and planes, I have never been asked for identification.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Fred - please explain 'I gave the police my NIE number which was on the police app on my phone and that was accepted. '

What is police app?
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 6:10 pm

It's an app for a smartphone.

https://alertcops.ses.mir.es/mialert...nfo/info.xhtml

It enables you to call the police to various situations that need their presence - a sort of online instant denuncio.

Of course, to use it, you need to have registered all your personal details with them.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Do non-EU residents still get photo-ID cards? That might be the first possible benefit I've seen to Brexit.
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 9:08 pm

They do, as do non EU family members of EU citizens.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Fred thanks this app looks brilliant. I have never heard of it before - I understand smart phone apps - but just to check - is it available to work in any province? Why has it never been better publicised?
Old Aug 4th 2016, 8:18 am

Yes, it is pretty good and it is also available in English.

As far as I am aware, it is usable countrywide.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

OK great thanks I will mention it in the magazine I write for..........
Old Aug 4th 2016, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Re residencia card, We just got ours and it is a pathetic little paper thing. We were told not to laminate it as this will be deemed to be changing it and it will not be accepted. When I was stopped by traffico for a spot check, they did not even want to see my passport, just my NIE which was enought to get an OK from them. All they seemed bothered about was, "who would we go to Almeria for a holiday?"

Last edited by teuchterpete; Aug 4th 2016 at 5:05 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 12:44 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

When we got our 'pathetic little paper things' we asked about laminating it & was told no but take a copy & laminate that, no mention of getting it authorised, but that does sound a good idea.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's an app for a smartphone.

https://alertcops.ses.mir.es/mialert...nfo/info.xhtml

It enables you to call the police to various situations that need their presence - a sort of online instant denuncio.

Of course, to use it, you need to have registered all your personal details with them.
There is a similar App : S.O.S Emergencias
for the Fire Brigade in the Malaga , Costa del Sol area. When installed you can contact them directly and it tracks your location to get them there quicker.