Residencia

Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Barnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residencia

Has anyone applied for residencia in Gandia recently.

If so, what documents are required and what is the procedure when attending the National Police Station.

We know where the National Police Station is.

Many thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residencia

Originally Posted by Barnie

If so, what documents are required and what is the procedure when attending the National Police Station.

We know where the National Police Station is.

Many thanks.
There is loads of info in the free beer thread.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, but the information on the first link is not working
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, but the information on the first link is not working
The other link works though and has all the info you need.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Yes, but I did ask

The answer is obviously no - as no-one has replied.

The information under "Residencia" on the forum has been read - and we already know the details of what you need etc. etc.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:28 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but I did ask

The information under "Residencia" on the forum has been read - and we already know the details of what you need etc. etc.
I'm not really sure what you are wanting now - you asked for a list of documents which you now have.

You know where to go.

There isn't much else to say. The process is the same everywhere.

The only difference might be in how long it takes specifically in Gandia - 'fraid I don't know that one.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, but I did ask

Sorry.
I too thought it was a general question.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Sorry.
I too thought it was a general question.
You just can`t please some people can you ?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was quite clear what the OP was asking, he is asking for current specific to a location information. They seem to already have knowledge of the possible, wanted to check it and hear the experience of someone who has been there recently.

Thats the way I read it anyway, and Barnie sorry can't help not in your area.

I am not sure it is the same everywhere in Spain it seems nothing much is !
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but I did ask

Yes, but not recently.

You will need to be there very very early in the morning. They have a ticket system and only issue so many tickets a day. If you are too long down the queue then you wont get a ticket, and you wont get seen. We got there at 7.30 am when we went iirc and were still way down the queue. Make sure when they come out and start giving the tickets that you get one quickly, as it developed into a bit of a frenzy when we were there.

Take passport, padron, the application form that you can download (think it's in the free beer), your NIE document, numerous copies of everything, 4 photos (you only need two, but why not be safe). I think thats it.

When you eventually get to the counter they check through everything and then issue you with a payment forum to take to a local bank. Go and pay, and then go straight back to the counter with the proof, and with any luck they will give you your document. I assume you already have your NIE, which will we incorporated onto your "residencia" form

Then go and have a stiff drink
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes, but not recently.

You will need to be there very very early in the morning. They have a ticket system and only issue so many tickets a day. If you are too long down the queue then you wont get a ticket, and you wont get seen. We got there at 7.30 am when we went iirc and were still way down the queue. Make sure when they come out and start giving the tickets that you get one quickly, as it developed into a bit of a frenzy when we were there.

Take passport, padron, the application form that you can download (think it's in the free beer), your NIE document, numerous copies of everything, 4 photos (you only need two, but why not be safe). I think thats it.

When you eventually get to the counter they check through everything and then issue you with a payment forum to take to a local bank. Go and pay, and then go straight back to the counter with the proof, and with any luck they will give you your document. I assume you already have your NIE, which will we incorporated onto your "residencia" form

Then go and have a stiff drink
I would love to know what they do with the photos, and if their brother owns the local photo shop.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 4:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I would love to know what they do with the photos, and if their brother owns the local photo shop.
Yes that did cross my mind
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:19 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

That’s funny, when I renewed my residencia recently, I noticed during the queuing that the official was rejecting many applications because of insufficient copies of something and missing photos, and he directed people to a small café, two doors away, to get the missing documents.

Due to the severe stress of the queuing etc, I visited the small café on several occasions to recuperate over several days. The place was tiny but had copying and photo facilities which were in constant use by the hapless foreigners being redirected from the police office.

Now that it has been mentioned, the young, friendly woman running the place had a remarkable likeness to the official two doors away. I wonder?
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:24 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by HBG
That’s funny, when I renewed my residencia recently, I noticed during the queuing that the official was rejecting many applications because of insufficient copies of something and missing photos, and he directed people to a small café, two doors away, to get the missing documents.

Due to the severe stress of the queuing etc, I visited the small café on several occasions to recuperate over several days. The place was tiny but had copying and photo facilities which were in constant use by the hapless foreigners being redirected from the police office.

Now that it has been mentioned, the young, friendly woman running the place had a remarkable likeness to the official two doors away. I wonder?
Oh yes.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Thank you Mitzboy I was hoping that you would come in on the discussion knowing you are fairly "local".

The system has changed a little in that you wait in the afternoon for the tickets to be issued at 4.

At about ten to 4, although we were about 30 from the front, all of a sudden people flocked to the front of the queue from cafes, cars and out of nowhere so by the time it got to about 10 people before us, the tickets had gone. It probably happens at most offices anyway so it came as no suprise. The laughable thing was that 3 burly National Policeman came out to put the people at the front into an orderly queue which included the queue busters.

So today we are trying again - but going at mid-day.

I am actually waiting to go into hospital so its getting a bit frantic as I am unable to stand for long. Serves us right for not getting this business done beforehand.

Thanks again Mitzyboy, you always come up with the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.