Residencia

Old May 22nd 2006, 12:01 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Residencia

Hi Folks,
Now I know this subjuct can get very confusing but maybe theres hope of a correct answer out there,
Last september I applied for residencia, got all the correct forms and took them in, had my photocopy stamped and came home, relatively easy despite the 5 hr wait
As I havent heard anything yet ( and I know it can take up to a year or so to receive) I am going to visit the office with my photo copy and see whats happening, but what I want to know is will it be acceptable for me to take my husbands application up when I go or does he have to be there in person himself? I have all his paperwork and photos and passport, but will he have to apply in person or will it be ok for me to put the application in, as he will have to go back in person for this prints to be done anyway?
Any Help gratefully received
thanks
Old May 23rd 2006, 7:47 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residencia

Similar thing happened to me. They're supposed to send you a letter to tell you to collect your card but I never got one. Went down to the place where I applied. Guy behind the desk said something like 'where have you been, your card's been waiting for you'. He had a cheeky smile on him so I suppose it happens a lot. Just go to the place where you applied since it's probably been waiting there for months.

BTW, it's only supposed to take three months!
Old May 24th 2006, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Ive been waiting more than a year for mine. I had a Gestoria help me, filled out the forms, she took my money and said she will call me when we have to go to the police station together for our finger prints. Then we will get our card...Still waiting!!!
Old May 24th 2006, 1:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j0197
Ive been waiting more than a year for mine. I had a Gestoria help me, filled out the forms, she took my money and said she will call me when we have to go to the police station together for our finger prints. Then we will get our card...Still waiting!!!
They are not gonna rush while they are getting interest on the money go and see the good lady if she`s still there
Old May 24th 2006, 2:57 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you paying to have this done? All you need to do is fill in the forms (you can get them online), go to the local police station, wait in the appropriate queue and they'll do it all there. Should only take an hour from your day and, in three months time, just go to the same place and check to see if your card is there (unless you've already received a letter from them).
Don't let these people treat you like some stupid guiri.
Old May 24th 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Have you seen the queue in Marbella? All residency takes min a year apparently.

I dont let them treat me like some stupid guiri, I just have more important work to do than queue up for hours only to be told you need another bit of paper etc. And if I can pay someone else to do it...why not? Although I did get stupid quotes up to 350 euros per person...then I would do it myself!

Sometimes sorting paperwork out here in this area is just more aggro than its worth.

Not moaning, still love living here.
Old May 24th 2006, 3:30 pm
Being myself

Yeah, the queues are pretty long in Madrid as well. As long as you have all the paperwork though you'll roll through since people in front of you will get weeded out for not having this or that document. I did it in my lunch break with a colleague and we still had time left over for a bocadillo and a caña afterwards.

No way it should take a minimum of a year since they all get processed in the same place. The guy at the desk in Madrid said it would take three months max. If it's your gestoria telling you one year, she's either lying or delusional.

I did it in June 2003, went on holiday, came back and picked it up in September of that year. If that seems quick then bear in mind that was during summer months when nobody seems to do any work.

Seriously, you're better off doing it yourself. That way you can be sure you're not paying for it to sit on someone's desk for months on end.

Good luck.
Old May 24th 2006, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Residencia applications in Fuengirola are currently taking about thirteen months.

You have to start queuing outside of the police station at 7.30am in order to be sure to get a ticket and even that doesn't guarantee that you will be first in the queue when the doors open at 9.0am because they then take the people with tickets from the day before who were too far back in the queue to be dealt with before closing time that day.

Welcome to Spain in the 21st Century! (More like the USSR in the Soviet era!)
Old May 24th 2006, 8:36 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough

Glad its not just me then haha!
I did everything myself too, no point in paying someone to go if you can do it yourself...
And theres the fact that they ask for a fortune for doing it too.
All will be revealed on Friday as Im trudging back there to see whats happening...
Fingers crossed.