Reload this Page >

REPLACING (Not Renewing)

REPLACING (Not Renewing)

Old Sep 14th 2018, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jamtart98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default REPLACING (Not Renewing)

Hi,

I have lost my European (Spanish) Driving Licence and want a new one. The DGT Website says I can get a COPY from the Provincial Traffic Department.

You need to make an appointment but when stating the "business" you want the licence for it states Renovar, Renewal. Renewal however means taking the Medical again and I did the medical earlier this year and which does me for 5 more years.

Does anyone know the actual procedures for getting a (COPY) of my licence. (I have a photo copy of it)

As always I am Very Grateful for any help given.

Jamtart98
Old Sep 15th 2018, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: REPLACING (Not Renewing)

OK this from DGT:
Duplicates of the Permit and Driver's License
The Provincial and Local Traffic Headquarters, upon request of the holders of a valid driving license or license, shall issue duplicates thereof in cases of theft, loss or deterioration of the original.

Necessary documentation
Official form https://sede.dgt.gob.es/Galerias/tra...onducir_EN.pdf
Rate: according to procedure (see information sheet).
National Identity Card, Passport or Resident Card in force.
An updated photograph, 32 x 26 mm. In the case of a permit issued on a plastic card, it is not necessary to provide photographs.) In the case of applicants who, because of their religion, have their hair covered, photos will be accepted. veil, being the only limitation for its admission, that the oval of the face appear totally discovered from the birth of the hair to the chin, so that it does not impede or hinder the identification of the person.
The original driving license or permit, in cases of duplicate request for deterioration, variation of the data and, in this case, in addition, the document proving the variation of the data contained in the permit or license. (https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/tramites-...on/duplicados/)

also
Previous appointment in Headquarters
Remember that to carry out paperwork in all the headquarters it is necessary to request an appointment.

The appointment will always be granted within fifteen days following the request of the same. You will be shown the days and times available and you can choose the appointment that best suits you.

You can carry out the procedures yourself or your duly authorized representative. To do this, simply enter in the form the name, surnames and NIF of the person who will represent.

In the event of an unforeseen event, you can cancel the appointment or modify it through 060.
https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/tramites-...via/jefaturas/

Hope that helps.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamtart98
Hi,

I have lost my European (Spanish) Driving Licence and want a new one. The DGT Website says I can get a COPY from the Provincial Traffic Department.

You need to make an appointment but when stating the "business" you want the licence for it states Renovar, Renewal. Renewal however means taking the Medical again and I did the medical earlier this year and which does me for 5 more years.

Does anyone know the actual procedures for getting a (COPY) of my licence. (I have a photo copy of it)

As always I am Very Grateful for any help given.

Jamtart98
You apply on the DGT web site : https://sedeapl.dgt.gob.es/WEB_NCIT_...itarCita.faces
Insert your nearest centre , Fuengirola probably Malaga then insert "Tramites de Oficina" and click on "Continuar " . The same again on the next page - fill out the form to get your appointment.
Remember you will need to pay a fee, either do it before at a bank and take proof of payment or use a credit card at Trafico. Don't think you need a photo for the standard plastic driving licence, they should have it on record.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes a photo is needed as per their info sheet
5th.PHOTOGRAPH (only for driving permits): an original 32 x 26 mm photograph in colour and taken against a plain background, facing forward without anything covering the head, without sunglasses or tinted glasses or any other item which may prevent or make the identification of the person problematic. Veils may be acceptable in photographs of applicants who, for religious purposes, wear a head covering that obscures their hair, with the only limitation that their full face must be visible from the hairline to the bottom of the chin so as not to prevent or make the identification of the person problematic.