Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rental advice please.

Rental advice please.

Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all
Default Rental advice please.

Originally we were looking at a 6 week holiday let whilst we looked for long term rental which would have cost us around £3500 - ouch!
Anyway, I found a long term let and thought I would ask if we could have it for 2 months whilst we got to know the area etc. The agents rang us and we discussed a higher price including utility bills as it would be short term. They phoned the owners who have agreed.
My concerns are that if we transfer the money to them could we end up arriving and finding the property doesn't exist - I'm very cautious about these things.
We found it through the kyero website - has anyone rented through them?
We have the name of the bank, account holder and the swift number.
Should I ask them for the address of the property and agency before transferring the money?
How can I be as certain as possible that it is all above board? I'm sure it is but 3000 euros is a lot of money!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental advice please.

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Originally we were looking at a 6 week holiday let whilst we looked for long term rental which would have cost us around £3500 - ouch!
Anyway, I found a long term let and thought I would ask if we could have it for 2 months whilst we got to know the area etc. The agents rang us and we discussed a higher price including utility bills as it would be short term. They phoned the owners who have agreed.
My concerns are that if we transfer the money to them could we end up arriving and finding the property doesn't exist - I'm very cautious about these things.
We found it through the kyero website - has anyone rented through them?
We have the name of the bank, account holder and the swift number.
Should I ask them for the address of the property and agency before transferring the money?
How can I be as certain as possible that it is all above board? I'm sure it is but 3000 euros is a lot of money!

I see your point & that happened to us once...luckily we hadn't parted with any money upfront

wasn't much fun trying to find somewhere to saty at 10pm with a 3 month old & a 3 year old

maybe one of the members here who lives in the area might check it out for you?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping someone might know about the website or agency.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice

Is there a Contract, if so, the Agent should send you a copy for your perusal, signature and return before you pay any more than your holding deposit.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:32 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turtlez
Is there a Contract, if so, the Agent should send you a copy for your perusal, signature and return before you pay any more than your holding deposit.
I wouldn't pay more than the deposit before I took possession/moved in

although kyero is 'well known', I personally know no more about them than the name
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice. I have found out the phone number but not an address. I will email them and ask if we can pay the deposit and the rest when we arrive. I'm not sure about a contract because intially it is as a holiday let.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought - we came out in January and went into a hotel for a couple of weeks whilst we checked out the letting agencies etc. It was certainly easier to do whilst we were here. We found a nice two bed apartment with two bathrooms, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi for €750 per month plus bills. OK we could have found cheaper but I admit I am fussy and this apartment was brand new and had never been lived in. It is certainly cheaper than the apartment we rented in England before coming out here!!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Just a thought - we came out in January and went into a hotel for a couple of weeks whilst we checked out the letting agencies etc. It was certainly easier to do whilst we were here. We found a nice two bed apartment with two bathrooms, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi for €750 per month plus bills. OK we could have found cheaper but I admit I am fussy and this apartment was brand new and had never been lived in. It is certainly cheaper than the apartment we rented in England before coming out here!!
Where abouts is it, maybe I can have a look for you if its near me.
PM me the address if you want.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
I just knew that if anyone did, you'd offer
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Would be the best idea Or maybe someone else is in the area. Btw, I'm not sure if you will be signing a contract as such.....hehehe
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Thank JDR. I have sent you a PM. I don't know if you can help.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I take it you are responding to Sunnydee's comments rather than mine but if you want to take a look do come over and see me!! xxx
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
I take it you are responding to Sunnydee's comments rather than mine but if you want to take a look do come over and see me!! xxx
Yeah, sorry I did a quickie and forgot to take out the quote
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

I've got a landline and mobile number for the owners who live here in England so I will give them a call. The agency responded quickly to my request for more details however they still want the full amount up front. I suppose it's like when you book a holiday and have to pay the balance so many weeks before. I think it's risk we will have to take.
May be knocking on a few forum members doors if it doesn't work out - or living in a tent on the beach
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:07 am

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't send that amount upfront if I were you. If you can contact the owners and think they are ligit then maybe, but I would be very wary as they should except a holding deposit, and then pay the rest when you get the keys.

Where in Malaga are you going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.