Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Renovating properties

Renovating properties

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

GB2CADIZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renovating properties

Can anyone help with details of where /how to buy properties in need of renovation anywhere on Costa De Luz.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:03 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Renovating properties

Originally Posted by GB2CADIZ
Can anyone help with details of where /how to buy properties in need of renovation anywhere on Costa De Luz.
hello
we have brought in the last 6 months an old arab house in a village called Bornos near enough to the sea and the airport fantastic views we are in the final stages of renovating our house there are lots of realy old beautiful houses in the area
regards
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Just find an estate agent in the area, almost all have propertys starting at a few thousand euros, just enter the minimum amount in there search engine and you wont be dissapointed. To find an agent put "property in ...and then the place....into your search engine, it never fails with me
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

you need to come over have a good look around and you will find what you are looking for you must come and rent first
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all

Hi,
Have you tried www.kyero.com i think that covers costa de luz
Old Oct 14th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
hello
we have brought in the last 6 months an old arab house in a village called Bornos near enough to the sea and the airport fantastic views we are in the final stages of renovating our house there are lots of realy old beautiful houses in the area
regards
Hi Gallerie

My step son is a teacher and because he wanted a change from teaching autistic kids over here in Surrey is currently enjoying his final year if a 3 year teaching stint in Dubai- enjoying it, especially now there is a bright-eyed Irish beauty on the scene!

I think it's a bit ironic that you have bought an arab house and that you have left a house in the midlands which might be acquired by a foreigner! I have noticed your posts since I came on here and found them interesting and although I can't say I agree with some of it can nevertheless see that we all have our own experiences. Costs over here can be high and like others fret over how our kids will be able to afford to buy anywhere- 'twas always thus.
Couldn't agree more about the ciggie prices- and the more relaxed attitude the Spanish have towards the weed, though I think there is an 18yo min for buying there, unfortunately for some people I know!

cheers and hope you are enjoying life there- I didn't notice if you had found gainful employment yet?
Old Oct 14th 2006, 12:48 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Hi Gallerie

My step son is a teacher and because he wanted a change from teaching autistic kids over here in Surrey is currently enjoying his final year if a 3 year teaching stint in Dubai- enjoying it, especially now there is a bright-eyed Irish beauty on the scene!

I think it's a bit ironic that you have bought an arab house and that you have left a house in the midlands which might be acquired by a foreigner! I have noticed your posts since I came on here and found them interesting and although I can't say I agree with some of it can nevertheless see that we all have our own experiences. Costs over here can be high and like others fret over how our kids will be able to afford to buy anywhere- 'twas always thus.
Couldn't agree more about the ciggie prices- and the more relaxed attitude the Spanish have towards the weed, though I think there is an 18yo min for buying there, unfortunately for some people I know!

cheers and hope you are enjoying life there- I didn't notice if you had found gainful employment yet?

HI wheatsheaf,
We are going to open an art gallery and a shop selling artist related materials
We also have two self contained apartments in our house with lots of studio space. In my first life I was a ceramic designer, and we are going to run some art related courses in the house. We are very near the national parks and we are surrounded by wild life and trails for people to explore, we also have a fantastic lake with fishing, so that is another avenue to explore to generate an income,
The reason we left the UK was personal to ourselves, I enjoyed life in the UK; We had good jobs, but it came down to quality of life and not quantity and the former became more and more important.
This was our new beginning and up to now, it has been a wonderful experience, and if it does not work, then we will have to come back and start again, but we will have tried. Better to have tried and failed than not to try at all.
We are reaching for the stars but the moon will do !
Old Oct 14th 2006, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

HI wheatsheaf,
We are going to open an art gallery and a shop selling artist related materials
We also have two self contained apartments in our house with lots of studio space. In my first life I was a ceramic designer, and we are going to run some art related courses in the house. We are very near the national parks and we are surrounded by wild life and trails for people to explore, we also have a fantastic lake with fishing, so that is another avenue to explore to generate an income,
The reason we left the UK was personal to ourselves, I enjoyed life in the UK; We had good jobs, but it came down to quality of life and not quantity and the former became more and more important.
This was our new beginning and up to now, it has been a wonderful experience, and if it does not work, then we will have to come back and start again, but we will have tried. Better to have tried and failed than not to try at all.
We are reaching for the stars but the moon will do !
Where people do something they see as a challenge like you are doing I find that much more appealing than merely knocking the UK. So Staffordshire pottery is going to be redefined into Spafford- now there's a marketing ploy for you- I don't charge! The sun can be your kiln.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:10 pm
this is me

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Where people do something they see as a challenge like you are doing I find that much more appealing than merely knocking the UK. So Staffordshire pottery is going to be redefined into Spafford- now there's a marketing ploy for you- I don't charge! The sun can be your kiln.
Hi wheatsheaf
The whole thing has been a challenge up to now, as the house is a major project !!!!! We have 390 square meters of living space, plus outside areas Patios, Terraces. The house was almost a ruin so it has been a major job in its self, but we have had the most brilliant team helping us and the whole village had taken interest. The house and the English couple have become a talking point. All the women are looking forward to me giving ceramic classes. The local council subsidise them if there are enough wanting to participate.
It is a challenge, but watching the house take on its identity has been exciting. and I cant wait to live in it now, and put our ideas in to reality,
wish me luck in making it work
Regard
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all

HI,
Try www.kyero.com i think that covers the area you want to be in.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi wheatsheaf
The whole thing has been a challenge up to now, as the house is a major project !!!!! We have 390 square meters of living space, plus outside areas Patios, Terraces. The house was almost a ruin so it has been a major job in its self, but we have had the most brilliant team helping us and the whole village had taken interest. The house and the English couple have become a talking point. All the women are looking forward to me giving ceramic classes. The local council subsidise them if there are enough wanting to participate.
It is a challenge, but watching the house take on its identity has been exciting. and I cant wait to live in it now, and put our ideas in to reality,
Regard
Hi,
I would like to say good luck? with the size of your property i bet it will be fantastic and lovely, maybe you should have a open day with photos of what it used to be like, ppl can get inspiration from that.
Good luck and i wish you every happiness with your life in spainxx
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi wheatsheaf
Regard
You want luck- have exactly that from me- plus one karma duly sent- that's the first I have sent so you must have touched a nerve end here! The artist in my family is daughter- ex Goldsmiths- and think her mum, not I, must have given her that gene but its rubbing off on me now. I see there are PMs here though I dont know how they work but you are very welcome to send one if you feel the need to be shored up, as they say, as things don't always go as smoothly as they are now. Living in a tent while the work goes on?
Old Oct 14th 2006, 6:39 pm
this is me

Hi wheatsheaf and sun is shinning
This is the view from our 2nd floor terrace
That is one of the reasons we fell in love with the house
thanks for your kind words and encouragement
Attached Thumbnails Renovating properties-sep-26-075.jpg  
Old Oct 14th 2006, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Renovating properties

Not quite a tent, then. I was on a Nile cruise last year and it almost reminds me of the sunny haze and dry banks. Where are those reedbeds...
Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

HI,
Can i come and live there now? ha ha that is one lovely place, i can see myself watching the day go past.
You have found a lovely home good luck xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.