Reload this Page >

Removals UK to Spain

Removals UK to Spain

Old Feb 15th 2016, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Jannor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removals UK to Spain

Hi
We've recently bought a villa in Daya Nueva and will be planning on moving out lock stock and barrel in the next 12 months or so.
Has anyone recently moved out there and used either a removal company or self drive hire?
Looking for recommendations for good companies and pros and cons for both methods.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:25 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removals UK to Spain

Originally Posted by Jannor
Hi
We've recently bought a villa in Daya Nueva and will be planning on moving out lock stock and barrel in the next 12 months or so.
Has anyone recently moved out there and used either a removal company or self drive hire?
Looking for recommendations for good companies and pros and cons for both methods.

Thanks in advance
When I moved I used a self drive hire. We budgeted for a week there and back. We did it on a one hit, which you probably wouldnt want to try. Two drivers and it took around 26 hours from UK to Valencia Region. Very simple, much cheaper than a removals company, and you are in charge of your valuables all the time. We even took a cat with us.

Of course, you can get a one way hire van so you dont need to drive back to the UK. One company is way2go
Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
When I moved I used a self drive hire. We budgeted for a week there and back. We did it on a one hit, which you probably wouldnt want to try. Two drivers and it took around 26 hours from UK to Valencia Region. Very simple, much cheaper than a removals company, and you are in charge of your valuables all the time. We even took a cat with us.

Of course, you can get a one way hire van so you dont need to drive back to the UK. One company is way2go
Thanks for the reply. ...I did see some rather concerning reports about way2go and their so called dodgy vehicles etc....hence my post, if we went self drive we'd look at spreading it over 5 days with stop overs along the way. ..we have 2 dogs also that would be on the trip
Old Feb 16th 2016, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks in advance
Hi, we used Move Anything Anywhere. FREE Delivery Quotes - AnyVan.com when we moved last year. You can get instant quotes.

Steve
Old Feb 16th 2016, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tebo53
Hi, we used Move Anything Anywhere. FREE Delivery Quotes - AnyVan.com when we moved last year. You can get instant quotes.

Steve
Thanks Steve...have you used them yourself?
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

fififiat is an unknown quantity at this point

[we are moving out In June one way hire with a dog and going ferrie from Portsmouth to Santander they even have dog friendly cabins !! 24 he crossing but at least you can sleep ! Then a leisurely drive down into Murcia AQUOTE=Jannor;11868936]Thanks for the reply. ...I did see some rather concerning reports about way2go and their so called dodgy vehicles etc....hence my post, if we went self drive we'd look at spreading it over 5 days with stop overs along the way. ..we have 2 dogs also that would be on the trip[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fififiat
[we are moving out In June one way hire with a dog and going ferrie from Portsmouth to Santander they even have dog friendly cabins !! 24 he crossing but at least you can sleep ! Then a leisurely drive down into Murcia AQUOTE=Jannor;11868936]Thanks for the reply. ...I did see some rather concerning reports about way2go and their so called dodgy vehicles etc....hence my post, if we went self drive we'd look at spreading it over 5 days with stop overs along the way. ..we have 2 dogs also that would be on the trip
[/QUOTE]
What self drive company are you using? ...we're not far from Murcia ourselves
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Steve...have you used them yourself?
Hi, yes we used one of their vans when we moved out to Benidorm last year. They picked up all our gear from my son's address in the Midlands UK and delivered to our door within 3 days. No problems. I will recommend them for efficiency and price.
Steve
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi, yes we used one of their vans when we moved out to Benidorm last year. They picked up all our gear from my son's address in the Midlands UK and delivered to our door within 3 days. No problems. I will recommend them for efficiency and price.
Steve
Thanks mate. ..I'll bear them in mind
Old Feb 16th 2016, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

fififiat is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a company called J hire based in Southampton What self drive company are you using? ...we're not far from Murcia ourselves[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 16th 2016, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fififiat
It's a company called J hire based in Southampton
What self drive company are you using? ...we're not far from Murcia ourselves
[/QUOTE]
We've not booked anything yet as we won't be moving permanently until next year. ..just putting the feelers out at the mo. ...we have a place in Daya Nueva
Old Feb 16th 2016, 6:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply. ...I did see some rather concerning reports about way2go and their so called dodgy vehicles etc....hence my post, if we went self drive we'd look at spreading it over 5 days with stop overs along the way. ..we have 2 dogs also that would be on the trip
Ive used way2go on three occasions. I'm not suite sure what you've heard from "so called" about dodgy vans. The ones I had were fairly new. So there you have it, from someone who has actually used them a number of times

Steve
AnyVan, as I'm sure you know, isn't a transport company. Its a web site that puts your requirements out to any number of third party hauliers for quotes. You then have to choose, on any information you can collect, on which to use. I've used them twice for UK stuff. Its a bit of a lottery, the one was good, the second let us down
Old Feb 18th 2016, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

I used way2go and wouldn't again. I wasn't hiring the whole van for self drive but instead agreed they would take some items in one of their vans doing part loads for several customers.

They subbed the work to another company. They arrived the evening before they were due to come after calling me when an hour away, so I rushed the packing and forgot several things as a result, but I was left with no choice other than rush.

They worked out expensive for what was moved.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Horlics
I used way2go and wouldn't again. I wasn't hiring the whole van for self drive but instead agreed they would take some items in one of their vans doing part loads for several customers.

They subbed the work to another company. They arrived the evening before they were due to come after calling me when an hour away, so I
rushed the packing and forgot several things as a result, but I was left with no choice other than rush.

They worked out expensive for what was moved.
Thank you for your reply. I'm thinking about avoiding these like the plague!...I've read a lot of negative comments about them and it's reassuring to hear it first hand
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

I used Britannia. It cost a fortune and they also sub out to smaller companies within Spain. When the driver and mate of a small van arrived they were grumpy about the deal they had signed up to as they said there was more stuff than they expected (not our problem) and quite a few items never arrived. Although we had insurance it was entire load insurance, so small items missing were not covered and anyway we didn't notice the losses until MUCH later. I would not recommend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.