Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

removals from UK

removals from UK

Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of
Default removals from UK

Believe I can't give company details here but if anyone is interested can pm me. Birmingham - south coast not including Devon/Cornwall or Wales £99.00 per cubic metre including vat and Ins. Wales/Devon/Cornwall/Scotland £150.00 cubic metre up to 15 cubic m and £125.00 over 15 cubic m all inclusive. I thought these prices were good, if anyone knows different please let me know
Old Jan 13th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice
Talking Re: removals from UK

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Believe I can't give company details here but if anyone is interested can pm me. Birmingham - south coast not including Devon/Cornwall or Wales £99.00 per cubic metre including vat and Ins. Wales/Devon/Cornwall/Scotland £150.00 cubic metre up to 15 cubic m and £125.00 over 15 cubic m all inclusive. I thought these prices were good, if anyone knows different please let me know
We had a quote in Feb 07. The van will hold 21 cm. They offer an all in price of £1650 you pack & load (I think some help is given). You have to arrange the insurance as none is offered. If a load coming back to the UK a reduction on their quote is offerd. Our move would have been from the South Coast Uk to South Coast Spain. If you want to drive along behind them the price will increase as for some reason they travel through France and have an overnight stop.

Feel free to PM me for their contact.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:21 pm
Spain Business Guides

elgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really nice
Default Re: removals from UK

I think it's always good to know the costs of removals so one can make comparisons.

We used a company that charged €150.00 (appx. 105.00GBP) per cubic metre. We did not have a full removal we only used their part load service to bring over 3 cubic metres. Very good service, and would recommend.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Still cheaper to do it yourself as a round trip
But I understand some people wouldn't want to get into that.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Still cheaper to do it yourself as a round trip
But I understand some people wouldn't want to get into that.
we're going to do it ourelves, going to use j hire.. i havent had quotes yet, but for us its very convieniant as they are 1/2 hour drive from us in the uk, and only 15 min from our location in spain..

has anyone else used them ?? any idea on costs
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

(Sorry Mitzyboy for the unintentional ad)

Can anyone recommend a removal co?

Please pm me.
Ta.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmbo
(Sorry Mitzyboy for the unintentional ad)

Can anyone recommend a removal co?

Please pm me.
Ta.
Its ok to post a link if someone has asked for a recomendation. ;-))
Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:24 am
Spain Business Guides

elgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really nice

We used http://www.spaincouriers.com and would recommend them.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Diddy Di will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jimmbo
We had a quote in Feb 07. The van will hold 21 cm. They offer an all in price of £1650 you pack & load (I think some help is given). You have to arrange the insurance as none is offered. If a load coming back to the UK a reduction on their quote is offerd. Our move would have been from the South Coast Uk to South Coast Spain. If you want to drive along behind them the price will increase as for some reason they travel through France and have an overnight stop.

Feel free to PM me for their contact.
Hi Jimmbo,
Very interested in the company you used as we have been quoted around £2,400 and £3,100 at the higher end.
Many thanks,
Di
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:40 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever you do DON'T USE Euromovers. We used them and they were awful, the first thing they said when they walked into the house was "We need to prioritise" They loaded the van and then when they were ready to leave they just drove off - leaving boxes and furniture! They said the van couldn't hold any more and yet they had assured us the van was adequate for a three bedroomed house. We only had two beds and didn't take the washer, tumble dryer or cooker. And no wardrobes! So how on Earth did they think the van would be adequate for a three bedroom house! It so obviously wasn't!

We had to take furniture to charity furniture shops and stuff from the garage and garden shed went up the tip. Our daughter was left to sort out the rest as we had to dash off to drive down to Spain, we had the tunnel train booked for 10.30pm so didn't have any time to do any more!

We had to drive back a couple of months later to pick up some of our personal bnelongings which we couldn't fit into the car.

An absolute nightmare!!

Lin
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Diddydi, try www.universalremovals.co.uk they have given me a good quote
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Whatever you do DON'T USE Euromovers. We used them and they were awful, the first thing they said when they walked into the house was "We need to prioritise" They loaded the van and then when they were ready to leave they just drove off - leaving boxes and furniture! They said the van couldn't hold any more and yet they had assured us the van was adequate for a three bedroomed house. We only had two beds and didn't take the washer, tumble dryer or cooker. And no wardrobes! So how on Earth did they think the van would be adequate for a three bedroom house! It so obviously wasn't!

We had to take furniture to charity furniture shops and stuff from the garage and garden shed went up the tip. Our daughter was left to sort out the rest as we had to dash off to drive down to Spain, we had the tunnel train booked for 10.30pm so didn't have any time to do any more!

We had to drive back a couple of months later to pick up some of our personal bnelongings which we couldn't fit into the car.

An absolute nightmare!!

Lin
OMG - that sounds like a bloody nightmare! One of the reasons why I ended up moving the lot myself was because most of the removals we spoke to sounded like right Del Boy outfits - most wanting cash either up front or on delivery - in some cases 2-3 weeks later!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoolePaul
we're going to do it ourelves, going to use j hire.. i havent had quotes yet, but for us its very convieniant as they are 1/2 hour drive from us in the uk, and only 15 min from our location in spain..

has anyone else used them ?? any idea on costs

I spoke with him, seems nice enough guy, he recommends going over on the Santander route, think he said the vehicles average 23 mpg, not suitable for my purposes as the vehicle has to be returned up north in alicante
LOOK HERE minimum 4 days hire plus insurance excess of 10 quid a day it's all on the site..he said he's busy at the moment with people coming back from Spain...
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
I spoke with him, seems nice enough guy, he recommends going over on the Santander route, think he said the vehicles average 23 mpg, not suitable for my purposes as the vehicle has to be returned up north in alicante
LOOK HERE minimum 4 days hire plus insurance excess of 10 quid a day it's all on the site..he said he's busy at the moment with people coming back from Spain...
There is a one way hire in the free beer thread, may not be the right area though.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
There is a one way hire in the free beer thread, may not be the right area though.
Thanks JDR, I am getting some part load quotes at the mo as I don't have a great deal to take down, the prices seem more realistic for that as I priced it at about 1200 quid for the one way hire.