Removal Costs

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:41 am
rfc
Just Joined

rfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removal Costs

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hi all,
We don't know ourselves where we will be based which could be a problem as which could involve 2 removal costs. We had planned on taking all our contents with us, as it has taken us until now to get our things just as we like them. But as we have a 4 bed house, we are dreading getting estimates.
Thanks for the info rfc, they examples are a lot less than the examples I have seen so far on the internet. Will give them a try when the time comes.
A 4 bedroom house will have more stuff than we had. We sold the sofa/living room furniture before we left. But we did have loads of kitchen stuff, beds, books, garden stuff, etc. Depending on where you are in Britain, I wouldn't expect any change out of 3.5K if I were you.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 10:26 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Removal Costs

Hi all,
Thanks rfc, that is about what we had reckoned. I think we would be doing extremely well if we paid less! Better keep buying those lottery tickets then!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmorgy
Does anyone know what the average removal costs would be from SE UK to the Alicante area and who are the most reliable and trustworthy company about, ta
We moved last year from East Sussex, used Witham Brothers based in Bexhill and Alicante, they were excellent and it cost us £1460 for a Luton van load. No hassle of doing it yourself and they can also store your stuff for you at a reasonable rate. They advertise in the Costa Blanca News and the UK press.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:15 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham Hydes
We moved last year from East Sussex, used Witham Brothers based in Bexhill and Alicante, they were excellent and it cost us £1460 for a Luton van load. No hassle of doing it yourself and they can also store your stuff for you at a reasonable rate. They advertise in the Costa Blanca News and the UK press.
Thats a very good price. We did our own with a Luton van and it cost us just about the same. I felt happy knowing that I was in control of the load, and it was an experience. But if I had found that price, I would have been tempted.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thats a very good price. We did our own with a Luton van and it cost us just about the same. I felt happy knowing that I was in control of the load, and it was an experience. But if I had found that price, I would have been tempted.
hi - where did you hire the luton van from? did the costs (<£1500) include diesel / tolls / ferry ?
thanks
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sortedtoo
hi - where did you hire the luton van from? did the costs (<£1500) include diesel / tolls / ferry ?
thanks
It was from Thrifty Van rental in Coventry
Yes, it included all those costs, we used the tunnel and the rental was actually for 7 days although we drove non stop each way and could have done it in much less time
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by sortedtoo
thanks
Please note...not all Thrifty rental branches allow vans to go abroard, as they are all franchises.