Relocators

Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Relocators

Has anyone used the help of a Relocator when moving to Spain especially to help in finding a business. I know they cost but at least they are working for you and you alone?
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Relocators

For me these people fall into the same category as mortgage brokers, financial advisers and lawyers, just another ten percenter trying to relieve you of your hard-earned cash.

If you do your homework they are not necessary and if you are unable to make the move without one you are unlikely to survive in Spain without someone constantly holding your hand.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for that response - it was wondefully helpful to me!!!!!!!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

You're welcome.

Perhaps someone else can tell you what you apparently want to hear rather than what you actually need to know.

Spain is full of such people.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am sorry but I thought this forum was to help and give advice if one could -how was that helpful to me - I certainly do not need anyone holding my hand -but relocators do provide a service and it is especially difficult to look for businesses when one is holding down a full time job in this country
Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought that's what I was doing. You are quite at liberty to ignore my comments.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SueG
I am sorry but I thought this forum was to help and give advice if one could -how was that helpful to me - I certainly do not need anyone holding my hand -but relocators do provide a service and it is especially difficult to look for businesses when one is holding down a full time job in this country

10% percenters huh.......yes Spain is full of them, as is the Uk, USA, Canada (aka the world and life) Agreed anything can be done by an individual with time & money to spare, but there are a lot of people who do a bloody good job for their '10%' and help folk who do need their assistance. It really is a shame that we cannot all be so worldly wise and knowledgeable...... if only we were all so perfect..............

Now in answer to your question - Don't know of any relocators but try a book by David Hampshire - 'Living and Working in Spain' - it is updated every year and in my opinion is pretty good.

If you have decided on an area you like and you are certain on going, then your best bet (again my opinion) is to commit for say 6 months - see if you like living there and find a business you are comfortable with when you are in situ. Perhaps some other members could share their experience rather than deride the original question.

I agree that not every one has time to do the complete spade work themselves but I reckon to make a real success of it the best thing to do is just get out and give it a go. Make your contacts on the way and decide which people are worth their '10%' for doing a job for you.

Good luck
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone used the help of a Relocator when moving to Spain especially to help in finding a business. I know they cost but at least they are working for you and you alone?
Such a broad question and such a big country.... a hint on where in Spain and the type of business might help people give answers.
Personally if I wanted a business I dont think anyone else but myself could set it up how I wanted it.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Matt, I have already found a Relocator who comes very highly recommended (my brother is an assistant editor in London on one of the broadsheets and has checked him out as much as he can) - the Relocator has already rang us a few times and pointed us in the right direction in which we need to be heading and all so far without us paying a penny. We are going to Spain next week to meet with him.

All I really was asking - has anybody else used them and their experiences of the same?

We are hoping to move to Spain at the end of the year and purchase a business but it is hard doing it long distance especially as we need to be working here in England for as long as we possibly can.

At least you have cheered me up!!!!!!!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Such a broad question and such a big country.... a hint on where in Spain and the type of business might help people give answers.
Personally if I wanted a business I dont think anyone else but myself could set it up how I wanted it.
Thank you for responding. We thought perhaps Murcia as it seems to be up and coming and we are looking for cafe/bar not a full scale restaurant and certainly not an English pub. We initially intend to rent both living accommodation and lease business premises so if it all goes pearshaped hopefully not all our money will be lost. Not that we intend to go under in any shape or form!!!
Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:15 pm
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

Relocators, pffff what a joke.
If it pays well I might try it myself.
With an ounce of intelligence and a resonable amount of local knowledge and contacts anyone could call themselves a 'relocator'.

Do it yourself and spend the money on a few beers.
The whole relocation experience, although hell at first is rewarding and in my opinion, the only way to learn about a place and find your way around.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for responding. We thought perhaps Murcia as it seems to be up and coming and we are looking for cafe/bar not a full scale restaurant and certainly not an English pub. We initially intend to rent both living accommodation and lease business premises so if it all goes pearshaped hopefully not all our money will be lost. Not that we intend to go under in any shape or form!!!
Best way is has has already been said. Come out here for 6 months on a long rental, see how you like it, look round at leisure at your preferred area, and in the local free English language newspapers. There are always businesses for sale. A person locally came out here working for a few months in a local restaurant, then he decided he would be better off working for himself and has taken over a small restaurant here, seems to be doing well, and will get himself a good local reputation as he does excellent, reasonably priced meals.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:22 pm
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

One thing to bear in mind, the grass is aways greener on the other side of the fence, freedom from the rat race, 9 to 5 grind to one person is 16 hours a day 7 days a week to another.

My brother in law is going through that right know, 20 years of having his own business (construction) he's ready for a change and is trying to find something different.

What kind of business are you thinking of.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
One thing to bear in mind, the grass is aways greener on the other side of the fence, freedom from the rat race, 9 to 5 grind to one person is 16 hours a day 7 days a week to another.

My brother in law is going through that right know, 20 years of having his own business (construction) he's ready for a change and is trying to find something different.

What kind of business are you thinking of.
A family orientated cafe/bar but not a full restaurant. Our son is in the catering business and we are looking for a business to support three adults in any area but were thinking at the present time of the Costa Calida. We are flying out next week to have a look around that area.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:20 am
Failed Lifeguard

Pool Cleaner is an unknown quantity at this point

A family orientated cafe/bar but not a full restaurant. Our son is in the catering business and we are looking for a business to support three adults in any area but were thinking at the present time of the Costa Calida. We are flying out next week to have a look around that area.
I am thinking of relocating to Spain to set up my own pool cleaning business. Good luck with yours!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.