Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Relocation and shipping costs

Relocation and shipping costs

Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:28 am
Just Joined

risa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocation and shipping costs

I'm moving from the UK to Spain and I've got some items I want to ship there - like my PC, clothes, guitar and DVD'S CDs etc. There's far too many to post and I've looked into costs and they're a bit high. I wanted to know if people have used a good, reliable and cheap international shipping service. I've done some looking around - some do it on weight or volume but have really rubbish websites on the whole. Can anyone advise what's best to? Any good companies they've used or know someone else use?

Thanks for your time in advance
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:05 pm
18YEARS IN SPAIN

Smile Re: Relocation and shipping costs

Originally Posted by risa
I'm moving from the UK to Spain and I've got some items I want to ship there - like my PC, clothes, guitar and DVD'S CDs etc. There's far too many to post and I've looked into costs and they're a bit high. I wanted to know if people have used a good, reliable and cheap international shipping service. I've done some looking around - some do it on weight or volume but have really rubbish websites on the whole. Can anyone advise what's best to? Any good companies they've used or know someone else use?

I think you should try www.costablanca-news.com then click on services and scroll down. There are many removal companies there but I wouldnt recommend any as they are all as bad as each other. I would only send with them what you wont miss for a while. Im not saying that they break or lose anything but all of them have delays.Patience is a virtue especially in Spain.

Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:54 pm
scot chick

scot chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Relocation and shipping costs

Originally Posted by risa

we used a company called brittania international movers the were very good the visited the house and we told them what we wanted taking to spain they then delivered the boxes and tape to us and gave us a price our goods were then put into storage until we moved out to spain they told us it would be 3 weeks after we got there that our stuff would arrive but we got them within 5days of arriving everything was intact and nothing broken . i would highly reccomend them