Relocating business to Spain

Relocating business to Spain

Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:54 am
cgh
Just Joined

cgh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating business to Spain

Hello,

first post so hello everyone. I run a graphic design and web development company in the UK, and my wife has falled in love with Spain and wants to relocate to the Valencia area. I have spoken with some of my clients (although not my employees!) and they are happy for the company to move.

However, can anyone recommend a website or newspaper for advertising for prospective employees? I have a good level of spoken Spanish and have worked in Madrid for a few years and so I am aware of the business legalities and pitfalls etc, but of course it is always the manpower that is the hard-to-control variable. We also aren't moving until June so have plenty of time.

Valencia is a great city and a great deal more artistic than I anticipated. I just wish to be prepared. And if anyone else has any more advice for us I would be very grateful. Look forward to assisting anyone else here as part of this group! And of course if anyone can recommend anything in Valencia!

Many thanks.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:18 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating business to Spain

Hi,
What an exciting post! The fact that you're confident of keeping your existing customers will, of course be a big advantage in moving. Obviously you'll keep this side of your business under constant attention...
You asked about attracting suitable employees. Are you totally sure that your current workforce wouldn't want to move? I know I'd snap someone's hands off if given the chance. Anyway, here's a couple of websites you may wish to consider:
First one is the big job site in IT.
infojobs
Next one is for Spanish-speakers around the world who do web work and projects. Although it's more of a hobbyist forum, there is a section for Ofertas de empleo:
foros del web
There again, you could try the local version of Craigslist
craigs list
May be also worthwhile searching out loquo and segundamano sites.
By the way, if you ever need an Oracle or Mysql developer/dba, let me know (I can speak Spanish too) !
As for Valencia itself - I'm sure many here who actually live there will be able to give you fantastic tips. My advice is to go inland now and again - visit Teruel or Cuenca provinces - it's a different world.

Good luck!