Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Registering an S1

Registering an S1

Old Dec 25th 2021, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all
Default Registering an S1

My company have now seconded me to Spain to work out of our Spanish base officially for the next couple of years and I have my S1 form. How do actually register this? I assume I get a Spanish SS number?

Old Dec 26th 2021, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering an S1

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/healthca...canary-islands
Old Dec 26th 2021, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

It's very easy first you need padron , TIE passport etc then once you have the S1 you need to make an appointment at your local INSS office. Take documentation S1 etc to appointment they submit all the details registering you on the system and take both copies of the s1 off you. Usually a few weeks later you get a letter certifying you are registered which you then take to your local or chosen Centro Salud. You present the certificate and they register you with a doctor . A few days later you will receive your official medical card through the post. The few weeks waiting for certificate can be longer and when we registered my wife's after waiting 5 weeks and getting no certificate in the post we had to make a second INSS office appointment to chase it up. The reason for he delay was that the certificate is only issued once the INSS have sent the 2nd copy of the s1 back to the UK and the uk have notified INSS of the receipt of it. They sorted it out for my wife and all was fine. For me I had no issues and it was all relatively straight forward. One other thing when you get your S1 Which is actually 2 identical copies make another copy for your own use as should you need medical care in the future when visiting the uk you will need to show proof of being an S1 holder to receive other than emergency medical care.
Sorry here's the link to make an appointment at your INSS office. Choose the box pensions and other matters and whether you have electronic signature or not option.
https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/wps/p...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Last edited by bobd22; Dec 26th 2021 at 8:36 am.
Old Dec 26th 2021, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

Thanks. I have all the padron, TIE etc it’s the INSS bit I needed. Much appreciated.
Old Dec 26th 2021, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

In that case should be straight forward enough if you use the link to book a cita.
Old Dec 26th 2021, 9:34 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware that, depending on where you are, getting an appointment can be difficult.
Old Dec 27th 2021, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James
Be aware that, depending on where you are, getting an appointment can be difficult.

Cheers. I am in Jerez.
Old Dec 27th 2021, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by airways
Cheers. I am in Jerez.
It can be patchy our appointments were for elez Malaga and I found the best time to try for a Cita was first thing Monday mornings. Other times non available. So it may be that's when they put new times on which all ger take ? Worth a try , good luck.