Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

registering for Now Tv box

registering for Now Tv box

Old Mar 9th 2018, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default registering for Now Tv box

To anybody that's using a NOW TV box can you please help me ?

I'm trying to register online for a Now TV box.. I'm being asked to subscribe to one of their packages , I was under the impression as I only want catch up TV I didn't have to have a monthly subscription ? If I subscribe and then cancel the subscription what if anything will I be able to receive ?

Thank you
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:02 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: registering for Now Tv box

You get the free to air and catch up channels with no subscription.

I subscribe to the entertainment package. Very good value if you buy at discount from eBay.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Missile.. Thanks what I thought and what Id been told, but there's no option for that when registering , I seem to have to subscribe, maybe I do that then cancel the subscription ,?
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you not just have to go into a shop and buy the free to view box then register to upgrade for catch-up etc later? That appears to be what my neighbour did
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:56 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

When I bought mine some time ago, it came with a 3 month sub to the entertainment package. If you have a Sky online MySky ID you can use that, even if you no longer have a Sky sub.

If you do buy a sub then when you cancel it you just lose the Sky content, nothing else. Incidentally when you cancel they will probably offer you another 3 months at half price which is actually a pretty good deal.

Last edited by Fred James; Mar 9th 2018 at 2:00 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Fred, That's what I thought but wasn't sure ....
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been using a now TV box for a few years now. I can't remember how I actually did it but I did set up an account without any packages so pay nothing for itv BBC and channel 4 and 5 catch up. I find it really good picture quality is excellent and I rarely get buffering on it.
One thing when I set my account I noticed a charge for a package, so I phoned and spoke with an advisor who immediately refunded the payment and told me to go into my account settings and ensure I had ticked the only allow payments with authority, which I did and as I say never had an issue since. You can buy new boxes on eBay for under £10 I think the sellers sell on the free passes making money and just want did of the boxes that's how I got mine.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 6:21 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

They have made some improvements since you and I got our boxes. You can now get a NowTV usb stick so no probs with a power supply etc.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James View Post
They have made some improvements since you and I got our boxes. You can now get a NowTV usb stick so no probs with a power supply etc.
I wasn't aware of the stick Fred as you say heater and no wires. Mind you I am very happy with the box I have the later black one. I can't work out why I get so little buffering with that versus an android box. I use both