Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

refunds on flights-ryanair

refunds on flights-ryanair

Old Sep 29th 2011, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default refunds on flights-ryanair

Hi. Has anyone got any experience of reclaiming the baggage and tax portions of their flights. I've booked a different route for my journey also with Ryanair. But of course they don't make it easy to re-claim for the original flight. Anyone negotiated this one successfully before?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: refunds on flights-ryanair

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Hi. Has anyone got any experience of reclaiming the baggage and tax portions of their flights. I've booked a different route for my journey also with Ryanair. But of course they don't make it easy to re-claim for the original flight. Anyone negotiated this one successfully before?
Yes OK. Now I feel really silly. But how can they charge £50 for baggage they aren't going to be carrying, for example. Grr. No need to reply!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: refunds on flights-ryanair

Think you will find in their small print that they won't refund. Basically what they do is use the'administration charge' as the get out clause. In other words, the charge for administering the refund by some miracle of their computing, usually comes out to more than the refund is worth.

In other words they won't send you the cash (£50) because it will cost them £55 to do the paperwork!! Now this wouldn't matter even if your charge was £50 or £500, their admin fee would always be slightly more!