Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Recommendations about moving to the Costa Blanca

Recommendations about moving to the Costa Blanca

Old Feb 8th 2020, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

MarkLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Recommendations about moving to the Costa Blanca

I live part of the year in London and the rest of the year in Barcelona / Sitges i have done this for the last 3 years but i am now looking to move to the Costa Blanca area I am looking to hear from fellow expats who currently live in Costa Blanca area.

I am looking to move to an area / urbanisation that has a good community of Expats and Spanish. It needs to have good facilities shops, restaurants etc, and although i have a car. I am also looking for good transport links, so a local taxi company or local train / tram would be just brilliant.

Would prefer somewhere overlooking the sea but for the right area i would consider going inland.

I look forward to hearing from everyone with their comments.

Best wishes

Mark
Old Feb 8th 2020, 3:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations about moving to the Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by MarkLondon
I live part of the year in London and the rest of the year in Barcelona / Sitges i have done this for the last 3 years but i am now looking to move to the Costa Blanca area I am looking to hear from fellow expats who currently live in Costa Blanca area.

I am looking to move to an area / urbanisation that has a good community of Expats and Spanish. It needs to have good facilities shops, restaurants etc, and although i have a car. I am also looking for good transport links, so a local taxi company or local train / tram would be just brilliant.

Would prefer somewhere overlooking the sea but for the right area i would consider going inland.

Best wishes

Mark
Welcome to BE.
A little more info about where you want to move to would be helpful, the Costa Blanca is a huge area with several hundred miles of coastline, it is divided into two, Costa Blanca North and South, so you have very diverse areas from Benidorm and North down to Murcia in the South.

I've asked the mods to move this to the Spain forum, which is the appropriate place.

Last edited by mikelincs; Feb 8th 2020 at 3:39 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you look around the Alicante city area - on the north side - Playa San Juan / El Campello would fit your bill (and the only areas with Tram) Fabulous beaches, city centre (with all) easy access to AVE, airport, motorways (tolls removed) Perfect.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks that is really appreciated, I think from the research that I have been doing it would appear that the North Side is definitely a good area and would suit me better, i am sure the South side is also good too though. Do you live in the areas that you suggested?
Old Feb 9th 2020, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. If you are buying the coffee let me know!
Old Feb 9th 2020, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkLondon

Best wishes

Mark
As spainrico said, there aren't that many areas with trams and you would probably have to stick to larger cities like Alicante. Otherwise these places don't offer the things you'll be used to from Sitges. Not a permanent resident myself and only have a place near the Costa Brava Vidreres\Lloret but maybe places between Tarragona and Valencia would be an option. It's all the same really and you will get a promenade with shops and restaurants cheaper than Sitges.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered calp.there is a tram that runs from alicante to denia when it reopens.This winter calp has been quite busy
Old Feb 10th 2020, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

As has been said, the Costa Blanca is a huge area and the north and south are very different in both form and prices, having had a place on the Northern Costa Blanca for 11 years and having visited Sitges a few times and the Southern Costa Blanca I would think the North particularly the Marina Alta would be similar to what you are used to, it certainly holds onto it weather better than Sitges in the winter.

There are areas where there are plenty of expats and every offer European country for that matter, this is true of most of the Costas it must be said, somewhere like Javia would suit although I prefer Moraira which is just down the road, there is a tram service but the line is currently closed for refurbishment, there are buses as well, certainly not as frequent as London but there nonetheless.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 9:31 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Horses for courses we prefer South of Alicante. Suggest you rent in a few places before making a choice.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spainrico
Yes. If you are buying the coffee let me know!
Yes I will do, planning on popping across in the next couple of weeks. Best wishes Mark
Old Feb 10th 2020, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for your replies, it's been great. I am going to travel across from Barcelona in the next couple of weeks, will let you all know when and happy to buy coffee for anyone who is around the area at the time that i am there.

best wishes

Mark