Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

re registring uk car

re registring uk car

Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:40 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re registring uk car

Originally Posted by MnM
That would be quite an accomplishment considering the fact that you're living in Spain.

If you manage it, please please tell us how
I think that the Spanish people would love the answer too!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:48 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I think they already know the answer.....it's Pepe *lol*

We had imported a Dodge Ram from the US for a client.....for over a year we were told it was impossible to get it matriculated! Absolutely NOT! Nada! Their spec books just did not cover it!

Well, we met a "Pepe" .....done and dusted in one month! All legal and sold on.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 2:50 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I know I will have to wade through Spanish bureaucracy. Or I could just be illegal like loads of expats and not even attempt legality. The bureaucracy is my reward for attempting to be a law-abiding resident.

I'm just having a bad day with it today.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:15 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
It is a Seat Alhambra - made in Spain!!
Oh well .... I guess that figures!!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:33 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oh well .... I guess that figures!!
I really am beginning to believe that they do not want us to import our car, it has been made so difficult.

We bought our Seat for £6000 four years ago in the UK. It has been valued at 15,000 euros this yearfor import tax purposes. Rip-off or what?

I really do believe they deliberately make it as difficult and expensive as possible to import a British car.

TBH, I now feel as though we shouldn't have bothered, plenty of other people don't/haven't and nothing happens.

If we didn't want to take it to the UK this summer, I'd feel inclined to say 'forget it' to the Gestor.

(Please forgive me, I'm feeling pretty pi$$ed off about it today).
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:37 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anyone can PM me to get a copy of our "crib sheet", but basically:-
Get a "Baja de residencia" from the consulate of your nationality,
Get a "ficha technical reducia" from a spanish qualified engineer (ask at ITV for names & phone numbers)
Get "volante de empadronamiento" from ayuntamiento,
go to ITV with the car - eventuall get a proper ficha technical
Go to hacienda and comlete form 06
pay the road tax at the ayuntamiento using the ficha technical
go to trafico with all the documentation collected!

You will need originals and photocopies of EVERYTHING, and loads of patience
But the feeling of achievement is beaten only by parachuting !!!

Dave
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I really am beginning to believe that they do not want us to import our car, it has been made so difficult.

We bought our Seat for £6000 four years ago in the UK. It has been valued at 15,000 euros this yearfor import tax purposes. Rip-off or what?

I really do believe they deliberately make it as difficult and expensive as possible to import a British car.

TBH, I now feel as though we shouldn't have bothered, plenty of other people don't/haven't and nothing happens.

If we didn't want to take it to the UK this summer, I'd feel inclined to say 'forget it' to the Gestor.

(Please forgive me, I'm feeling pretty pi$$ed off about it today).
I'd say your gestoria is not doing the best job for you. Managed to get mine valued at 3000 and paid abt 200 tax. Hes based in Alicante though which is too far for you
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

marc22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spaniola
I've just registered another UK car here, a Peugeot 306 estate, 6 years old and it cost over 800 Euros. That was with 2nd hand headlights for 50 Euros instead of 265 Euros brand new.

I'm a long-term resident so had to pay the importation tax, if you're just moving with your car, apply for a residence card, empadronamiento and within 30 days apply for exemption of the importataion tax.

It took me over two weeks and six trips into the big city. Not a job for the impatient or non-Spanish speaker!

Here's a write up I've posted, hope it might help.
http://spain-travel.suite101.com/art..._cars_in_spain
cant seem to get on to this site
can u help
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

15,000€ new, minus a certain % per year. what year is it? thats what they cost new here in spain. what year was it made ? (and what model is it ?)
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone brought a lhd drive in Uk but still with another European's number plate etc so haven't had the modifications for the uK and then taken it to Spain and imported it?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:42 am
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
15,000€ new, minus a certain % per year. what year is it? thats what they cost new here in spain. what year was it made ? (and what model is it ?)
It's eight years old and a Seat Alhambra 1.9 TDI.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:36 pm
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'd say your gestoria is not doing the best job for you. Managed to get mine valued at 3000 and paid abt 200 tax. Hes based in Alicante though which is too far for you
Well, the plot thickens.

Our car papers are STILL at Granada. Our translator who acts as intermediary with the Gestor doesn't appear to be speaking to us. But we have been talking to another expat who has had the same problem with her Gestor (we think it is the same one). She has been trying to import her car for as long as we have.

The person we were talking to has not only been told she has to get a Spanish licence (untrue), but also told she has to take a Spanish driving test! and that she will be prosecuted if she does not do so. She was told this by the Guardia.

She knows someone who was asked by Trafico for 4000 euros in tax to import an eleven year old car. He just refused to pay it and was eventually told he didn't have to.

So....it's obviously 'rip the Brits off time' in Granada province.

If Gestors, Trafico and the Police don't uphold the law, why the heck should we?

If this goes on much longer I think we'll pull the plug on the importation and just drive illegally. We can't possibly be any worse off.

We'll have to spin some yarn to the DVLA if we want to take it to England though. They will never believe the truth.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Has anyone brought a lhd drive in Uk but still with another European's number plate etc so haven't had the modifications for the uK and then taken it to Spain and imported it?
I bought a LHD in France but could not tax and insure it in the UK without having a MOT showing that the modifications were done. I bought it about nine months before moving and registered it and used it in UK before driving it down to Spain.

Rosemary
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Well, the plot thickens.

Our car papers are STILL at Granada. Our translator who acts as intermediary with the Gestor doesn't appear to be speaking to us. But we have been talking to another expat who has had the same problem with her Gestor (we think it is the same one). She has been trying to import her car for as long as we have.

The person we were talking to has not only been told she has to get a Spanish licence (untrue), but also told she has to take a Spanish driving test! and that she will be prosecuted if she does not do so. She was told this by the Guardia.

She knows someone who was asked by Trafico for 4000 euros in tax to import an eleven year old car. He just refused to pay it and was eventually told he didn't have to.

So....it's obviously 'rip the Brits off time' in Granada province.

If Gestors, Trafico and the Police don't uphold the law, why the heck should we?

If this goes on much longer I think we'll pull the plug on the importation and just drive illegally. We can't possibly be any worse off.

We'll have to spin some yarn to the DVLA if we want to take it to England though. They will never believe the truth.
Your being fed loads of twaddle.

I am in the process of changing two vehicles over and the total amount of time it will take is 6 weeks, for everything including the ITV & having new placas made

Change your gestor he or she is bulshitting you

I used to buy motorhomes in germany bring them back on 30 day plates and change them over back some 9 yrs ago without any problems into Malaga
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:12 pm
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by Big_john
Your being fed loads of twaddle.

I am in the process of changing two vehicles over and the total amount of time it will take is 6 weeks, for everything including the ITV & having new placas made

Change your gestor he or she is bulshitting you

I used to buy motorhomes in germany bring them back on 30 day plates and change them over back some 9 yrs ago without any problems into Malaga
Yes, I think we are well aware now that we are being fed a load of excrement of male bovine.

Trouble is, most of the work has been done, he is still going to want paying and the car STILL won't be imported.

We thought we may as well stick it out to the end now.

We are thinking of just going back to the UK because of things like this. It worries me so much when things are not done and people make the rules up as they go along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.