Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

re moving to Spain from Australia

re moving to Spain from Australia

Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:39 am
Just Joined

golfjean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re moving to Spain from Australia

I have just had a quote to ship my belongings to Spain, and the guy has just told me that i need a certificate of residence for the shipping to Spain. Does anyone know what this actually means. My alternative is for my belongings to go to the UK then i make arrangements to send it to Spain..Cheers
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re moving to Spain from Australia

Originally Posted by golfjean
I have just had a quote to ship my belongings to Spain, and the guy has just told me that i need a certificate of residence for the shipping to Spain. Does anyone know what this actually means. My alternative is for my belongings to go to the UK then i make arrangements to send it to Spain..Cheers
Mitzy will know the answer, but it`s probably cos it is coming from outside Europe.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Ah! now that makes sense... Thanks for the reply ,,,Cheers Jean
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

I was told by my shipping company that it will be very troublesome to ship from
Canada to Spain directly. So they are going to ship my stuffs to UK & then their agent will ship them from UK to Spain. In this way I'll have no trouble with the custom clearance in Spain & less cost too.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Australian imports want really my forte, but I suspect from what has been said that it will be due to non EU effects coming into Spain. In theory there is absolutelty no logical reason why it should be any different coming into Spain or the UK as we are all one big family now ........ aren't we?

They are aware that you are an EU resident aren't they and therefore entitled to live in Spain?

As for customds clearance, there will be this to bear in both countries I'm afraid on first entry into the EU. ForHotSpot, you may benefit on saving on the C/c, but you still then have to get your effects from the UK to here which is going to be costly.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Yes they aware that i am a EU resident, so it looks like it will go via the Uk. I asked the removal guy how do i get a Certificate of Residence for Spain when i am here , or even in the Uk, he was going to check on it? If it meant that, i did need this Certificate it would then take over 6 months for my belongings to get to Spain, which doesnt seem feasable. I have contacted 2 more removal companies to see what they come up with.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by golfjean
Yes they aware that i am a EU resident, so it looks like it will go via the Uk. I asked the removal guy how do i get a Certificate of Residence for Spain when i am here , or even in the Uk, he was going to check on it? If it meant that, i did need this Certificate it would then take over 6 months for my belongings to get to Spain, which doesnt seem feasable. I have contacted 2 more removal companies to see what they come up with.
Have you spoken to the Spanish embassy there about it?
It just doesnt make sense to me to be honest, and is going to possibly cost you a lot of extra money. I'm presuming that the certificate is going to be needed to clear the goods in Spain. So why cant you ship them, fly out here, and then apply for your Foreigners certificate (which can be done same day) which then you can then produce to get the goods cleared? Its going to take a good month for the vessel to get here
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

As for customds clearance, there will be this to bear in both countries I'm afraid on first entry into the EU. ForHotSpot, you may benefit on saving on the C/c, but you still then have to get your effects from the UK to here which is going to be costly.
I don't have to do anything as the shipping company will do everything included in the cost. This is the way that they've done it many times.