Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

re loksmithing in Spain.

re loksmithing in Spain.

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of
Default re loksmithing in Spain.

Hello again,just popped in to say a big thank you to everyone who responded to my previous question about working as a locksmith in Spain
Decided to give it a trial run for summer in Benidorn/Alicante area and it was a great success!!!
So once again thanks for all the advice
ps;looked for old thread to post this on,but couldnt find it,any ideas?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:41 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re loksmithing in Spain.

Originally Posted by lcortez
Hello again,just popped in to say a big thank you to everyone who responded to my previous question about working as a locksmith in Spain
Decided to give it a trial run for summer in Benidorn/Alicante area and it was a great success!!!

Take a look round the urbanisations. The front doors lock if they slam shut behind you so a few people have been putting different locks on to be able to open them from the outside without a key. If you do that type of thing there could be work there for you. Just a thought.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Icortez...good for you, well done..to find the old threads go into the box that says my profile, top left hand corner, click on it and it will open up all your details, you can go into list subscriptions and search there...probably some one else will tell you a quicker way though..are you going to give it a go full time now..or just summertimes.?..BB
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Great ideawas also thinking of trying to make some sort of deal with estate agents etc to change locks on resale properties,as no telling how many people have keys to these espec in Spain where props can be shared between family members!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Hi Icortez...good for you, well done..to find the old threads go into the box that says my profile, top left hand corner, click on it and it will open up all your details, you can go into list subscriptions and search there...probably some one else will tell you a quicker way though..are you going to give it a go full time now..or just summertimes.?..BB
Would like to start full time from hopefully next JanHowever, have started to get butterflies,what if it doesnt work out etc Dont have a property to come back to
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Would like to start full time from hopefully next JanHowever, have started to get butterflies,what if it doesnt work out etc Dont have a property to come back to
Faint heart never fu....err maybe not that expression..what have you got to loose if you plan it properly and rent to start with..can you rent your place out in the UK..if you have one ..
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Think will do it anyway as we are only renting in UK,so nothing to lose there,at worse will stay renting in Spain,butg with better weather and lifestyle etc
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Think will do it anyway as we are only renting in UK,so nothing to lose there,at worse will stay renting in Spain,butg with better weather and lifestyle etc
Nice...hope it goes well for you..please keep us updated on your story...BB.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:34 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Icortez pleased to hear that your trial run worked out for you in Benidorm/Alicante , go for it ,you may live to regret it if you don't ,wish you the very best of luck ,keep us posted
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

My place is in Denia, 30 mins north of Benidorm. I shut the door the other day while a spare set of keys were still in the lock, so that my keys were useless. A locksmith came out within the hour and charged me 35 euros to slide a piece of plastic into the frame to gain access. It took him about 5 seconds.

It was worth seeing, just to realise how easy it is to get into a property if you haven't double or triple locked it. He was very friendly and professional and gave me a receipt for the cash I gave him.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:01 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Hi

My place is in Denia, 30 mins north of Benidorm. I shut the door the other day while a spare set of keys were still in the lock, so that my keys were useless. A locksmith came out within the hour and charged me 35 euros to slide a piece of plastic into the frame to gain access. It took him about 5 seconds.

It was worth seeing, just to realise how easy it is to get into a property if you haven't double or triple locked it. He was very friendly and professional and gave me a receipt for the cash I gave him.
Did he give you a slap on the hand for being silly?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:12 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Icortez,

If you're going to get one of those little vans with your profession advertised on the side - then my advice would be to get someone else to spell it for you
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:15 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by montgomail
Hi

That happens all the time round here. We have put a handle on the outside of our door to stop us getting locked out.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Icortez,

If you're going to get one of those little vans with your profession advertised on the side - then my advice would be to get someone else to spell it for you
you should see my attempt at the Spanish spelling
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Icortez,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.