Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rajoy gets Smacked

Rajoy gets Smacked

Old Dec 17th 2015, 12:36 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rajoy gets Smacked

Originally Posted by newpower
Not acceptable but understandable.

Quite.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk

Turns out the young yob is the son of Rajoy's wife's cousin.
El agresor, familia de la mujer de Rajoy | Elecciones 2015 - El Plural
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bigmomma1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newpower
Not acceptable but understandable.
Why 'understandable' ?

There may be some that think that groups turning to acts of violence, whilst not acceptable is understandable !!
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigmomma1

There may be some that think that groups turning to acts of violence, whilst not acceptable is understandable !!

Understandable or not, this wasn't a group. It was one young lad.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Understandable or not, this wasn't a group. It was one young lad.
But the principle is the same is it not ? using violence against another person is not acceptable even if it is just one person against another. For example, you are walking down the street and see someone voicing an opinion that you do not agree with, so it is okay to walk across and hit them in the face is it ? I am sorry, but perhaps we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think you're misinterpreting me again. I don't think we're disagreeing at all on whether it's acceptable to lamp someone you disagree with.

What I'm taking issue with is the number of people who were so keen to attribute this to a group of some kind (as you have just done) without any evidence whatsoever.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

I think you're misinterpreting me again. I don't think we're disagreeing at all on whether it's acceptable to lamp someone you disagree with.

What I'm taking issue with is the number of people who were so keen to attribute this to a group of some kind (as you have just done) without any evidence whatsoever.
No I wasn't attributing this recent incident to a group. It was the response to the statement that the 'violence' was 'understandable'. Where does violence start, where does it end. In this case probably it ends now as a one off, but in lots of other cases a single act of violence can escalate very quickly so, in my own personal opinion, no act of violence such as this incident is acceptable.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

No I wasn't attributing this recent incident to a group..
Ah, I see,. It was this that confused me.

groups turning to acts of violence,
Old Dec 17th 2015, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, I see,. It was this that confused me.
The 'groups' reference I made was in the context of 'Violence' and the statement, 'Not Acceptable but understandable'.

We could end up getting tied in knots here
Old Dec 17th 2015, 4:18 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

The O.P.s original remark in relation to this single incident was "not acceptable but understandable" and he/she neither used the word violence or indicated that all violence was understandable.

No matter how much we all abhor violence, there are very few amongst us who do not have a breaking point where we snap and the red mist comes down.

We as expats probably have little comprehension regarding what some people have gone through over the past eight years and even now still see no prospect of any improvement in their own lives.
The younger ones are now commonly referred to as the lost generation.
Rajoys attitude to those in deepest trouble has been little more than callous.
For instance consider all those who have been thrown out of their own houses onto the streets through no fault of their own and also consider the resultant suicides.
Rajoy was very happy to protect the banks come what may,at the expense of people's lives.
What this particular lad or his family have gone through, we may never know, but obviously it has become much more than he personally could bear without responding, hence this particular incident.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dick, this poor lad is from a relatively wealthy family, PP supporters. His mother is the cousin of Rajoy's wife. See above. Sounds like he has his problems though.
Old Dec 17th 2015, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

It is remarkable that in UK both Ian and Duncan Smith haven´t been smacked too!
Old Dec 17th 2015, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

[QUOTE=Dick Dasterdly;11815674]..................Some of the new gagging laws he has introduced are reminiscent of Franco ........Oops, I hope those comments haven't put me in line for another 30,000 euro fine.). His despicable attempts to gag free speech and peaceful protest have put him beyond the Pale as far as I am concerned
Old Dec 18th 2015, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future

I think I may be missing the point but if the young man is a relative and he wanted to hit him why not do it in private - could it have been a publicity stunt?
Old Dec 20th 2015, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Some sackings in his security team possibly?