Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Racism and Spain.

Racism and Spain.

Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:21 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice
Default Re: Racism and Spain.

To add Racism to an expat site is a bit off.

Like a stated cultural differences would have been more appropriate.

Discussing Racism could be seen as inviting trouble and promoting negativity on the site.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit

Discussing Racism could be seen as inviting trouble and promoting negativity on the site.
Since it is a subject that comes up from time to time, and indeed its one that you yourself has discussed on several occasions its not too hard to see why the thread has been started.

Now are you going to discuss the subject or attempt to get this thread shut down?
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on. Whatever the intentions of the OP it's a legitimate topic for discussion.

And it's also a perfect topic to allow forum members to demonstrate exactly which ones are interested in intelligent debate and which ones only want to stir...
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:28 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Stop being so pedantic - we all know what we are discussing.

If you want an example of racism in Spain look here

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3305228.ece
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Stop being so pedantic - we all know what we are discussing.

i also could put links in Spanish in where you can see completely the opposite.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish, it`s a site for debating things about Spain, and racism is the topic.
Put Racism in the search and you will see numerous threads on it that have been no trouble at all, apart from the trolls that have entered the threads just to stir things up.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
i also could put links in Spanish in where you can see completely the opposite.
Thats the point Marisol I think, and part of the reason why I started the thread (aside from trying to keep all the topics in one place).
Many people have a very positive experience of their lives in Spain, and I certainly never experienced any problems, but it is something that people talk about now and I wanted to hear what people have ACTUALLY experienced.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:50 pm
Banned

correveidile will become famous soon enoughcorreveidile will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fred James

That's subjective. I think many Spanish people see that as a joke rather than racist. Most British see it the other way. There's another example here.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:54 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by correveidile
That's subjective. I think many Spanish people see that as a joke rather than racist. Most British see it the other way. There's another example here.
Ah but what the Spanish who make the comments or the people reporting it think doesn't matter, what does is how Lewis and other black and mixed race people see it.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:00 pm
Straw Man.

Shocking really........ but I cant help thinking that something like this could easily happen here in the UK and probably has on a regular basis.

Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Ah but what the Spanish who make the comments or the people reporting it think doesn't matter, what does is how Lewis and other black and mixed race people see it.
i think it depends on the way you want to see and understand it. Everything can be wrong or good, it depends only on you and your level of touchiness, like everything
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:04 pm
Banned

correveidile will become famous soon enoughcorreveidile will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Isn't that where positive discrimination starts? Yes Mr. Policeman I know I was breaking the law but if you punish me I'll report you for racism.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:05 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by correveidile
Isn't that where positive discrimination starts? Yes Mr. Policeman I know I was breaking the law but if you punish me I'll report you for racism.
But all that Lewis did was hold his nerve better than Alonso and drive a better race.... hardly his fault is it?
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

After reading three pages on a thread entitled "Racism and Spain" I am surprised that nobody has mentioned gitanos yet (unless I missed it).

I don't know, but I would have imagined that they occupy the top spot for racist incidents in Spain?? They seem to be almost (note I said almost) universally disliked ranging from begrudging tolerance to out and out racist attacks.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:26 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

I`ve placed info and opinion and since 2 pages seem to be filled with the title of the topic I was following on.

I believe discussing the title is also part of the topic.

After all were in Spain and should we as immigrants be raising the topic, especially since a Spanish poster on the last thread was called a racist.

And when i stepped on the topic, i`m called allsort and baited for an arguement.

Yet Matt starts the thread and its suddenly relevent.

Grow up people.

I think its time for respect to be shown.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.