Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

QUickest easiest NIE

QUickest easiest NIE

Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

chuckles73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QUickest easiest NIE

Whats the fastest and easiest way to obtain an NIE - will be moving 2 months before birth of baby - dont want to get stuck registering the birth - and is it just me or are the Spanish making moving bloody difficult!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QUickest easiest NIE

Originally Posted by chuckles73
Whats the fastest and easiest way to obtain an NIE - will be moving 2 months before birth of baby - dont want to get stuck registering the birth - and is it just me or are the Spanish making moving bloody difficult!
There is no fast or easy way, just the way. All the info you need is in the free beer thread.
Not sure what you mean by moving, from where to where and how that affects the registering.
I assume you are moving to Spain and therefore will be having your baby here in which case it will be registered here.
I see you're getting piddled off with the Spanish before you've got here.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:30 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

fastest & easiest ? Are you sure you want to come to Spain ?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:34 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grebo
fastest & easiest ? Are you sure you want to come to Spain ?
I'm not sure at all. She has also posted on the RoI forum, stating that she is moving there in the summer...
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: QUickest easiest NIE

Do you live close to Manchester or London? If so go to the Spanish Embassy website and use the consulate route to get the NIE from there.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I'm not sure at all. She has also posted on the RoI forum, stating that she is moving there in the summer...
And quite different stories.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:54 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hahaha, that one´s going nowhere, will be back in UK within a year.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:24 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Hahaha, that one´s going nowhere, will be back in UK within a year.
That's optomistic!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

From what I can gather on this forum, it varies vastly according to where you are.

I had to wait about 3 days for my NIE number to be issued and I have never had to queue for it.

On the other hand I see people on here saying that they have to join the queue at the extranjeros at about 7 in the morning if they want a chance to be seen
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:45 am
Just Joined

chuckles73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Actually, my friend allowed me to use her login she is moving to ROI im going to spain - funny thing is its to get away from people who jump to conclusions and leave sarcastic comments that i wish to get out of the U to avoid , its nice to see that you have emigrated with the British bad attitude and superioty complex xxxx
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:38 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, my friend allowed me to use her login she is moving to ROI im going to spain - funny thing is its to get away from people who jump to conclusions and leave sarcastic comments that i wish to get out of the U to avoid , its nice to see that you have emigrated with the British bad attitude and superioty complex xxxx
No bad attitiude meant, I am sure, just confusion about posts, which is why people are not allowed to post under two screen names on the forum