Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Question for the Guy

Question for the Guy

Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:07 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question for the Guy

Instead of PM,ing you the info may be of use to others ?

Pace DS430N will on occasion just turn off, right off to the red light showing.
Kind of think that its a hardware/dodgy connection in the box type of issue to my mind, as I simply turn it back on with the remote.
No contract BTW & just watching FreeToView and all connections "seem" to be sound.

Thoughts ?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for the Guy

Originally Posted by playamonte
Instead of PM,ing you the info may be of use to others ?

Pace DS430N will on occasion just turn off, right off to the red light showing.
Kind of think that its a hardware/dodgy connection in the box type of issue to my mind, as I simply turn it back on with the remote.
No contract BTW & just watching FreeToView and all connections "seem" to be sound.

Thoughts ?
Our SKY+ does the same, but always switches back on afterwards
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:35 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The software was updated to give this auto standby function.

It can be disabled.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:02 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
The software was updated to give this auto standby function.

It can be disabled.
That is set to "off" Fred.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:04 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Our SKY+ does the same, but always switches back on afterwards
Hmmm never left it to see if it comes back on, but next time it happens I will leave it for a spell.
How long does it take yours to come back on Jon ?
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm never left it to see if it comes back on, but next time it happens I will leave it for a spell.
How long does it take yours to come back on Jon ?
As long as it takes me to press the "on" button
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
As long as it takes me to press the "on" button
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:09 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I dont think it is the autostandby option that is doing this...

(in daylight hours autostandby turned the box off after 4 hours of no RCU buttons presses, after 11pm it is 2 hours - this was deployed to most bxoes last year)

Sky deployed a new software version last week...

(check your version on services, 4, 5....it should be 3.8.8 updated from 3.7.6 - minor visual tweeks and some more "interesting" ones for later!)

I bet that is when your box started to turn itself off at random times....

you are not alone - a number of 430n's have also been doing this also, whether or not Sky do anything about it is anyones guess - they did do a software rollback for some sky+boxes a year or so ago when it caused so many problems...

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 6th 2010 at 5:12 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:29 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Guy
Hi,

I dont think it is the autostandby option that is doing this...

(in daylight hours autostandby turned the box off after 4 hours of no RCU buttons presses, after 11pm it is 2 hours - this was deployed to most bxoes last year)

Sky deployed a new software version last week...

(check your version on services, 4, 5....it should be 3.8.8 updated from 3.7.6 - minor visual tweeks and some more "interesting" ones for later!)

I bet that is when your box started to turn itself off at random times....

you are not alone - a number of 430n's have also been doing this also, whether or not Sky do anything about it is anyones guess - they did do a software rollback for some sky+boxes a year or so ago when it caused so many problems...
Thanks for the reply/info & just checked that I do have 3.8.8, so I guess that I will have to live with it.
Still at least its not a major issue with the box
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:59 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the reply/info & just checked that I do have 3.8.8, so I guess that I will have to live with it.
Still at least its not a major issue with the box
Guy you posted a fix some time back for this issue but I cannot find it. It involved turning back to the previous setting before the upgrade.
Could you post the info again as the issue is starting to get annoying.

Thank you.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:37 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

First ensure you can receive the default frequency of 11778 - ie can acdcess the full 7 day programme guide, and or get the backgound music when you prss Sky Guide.

Unply the box from the power

Press and hold the back up button on the unit - not on the remote

Reinset the power cable

Wat until the 3 or 4 lights show on the front of the box - you should also get a download message on the screen

Only then release the BACK UP button...and the new software will download.....

HOWEVER:

doing a manual update will only load in 3.8.8.
The previous version 3.7.6 is no longer available and taken off stream
But several of my 430 have not got 3.8.8 and are not switting off and are behaving normally....
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:59 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Guy
Hi,

First ensure you can receive the default frequency of 11778 - ie can acdcess the full 7 day programme guide, and or get the backgound music when you prss Sky Guide.

Unply the box from the power

Press and hold the back up button on the unit - not on the remote

Reinset the power cable

Wat until the 3 or 4 lights show on the front of the box - you should also get a download message on the screen

Only then release the BACK UP button...and the new software will download.....

HOWEVER:

doing a manual update will only load in 3.8.8.
The previous version 3.7.6 is no longer available and taken off stream
But several of my 430 have not got 3.8.8 and are not switting off and are behaving normally....
Ah then I cannot go back to version 3.7, it has the 3.8 downloaded so I will just have to live with it until I can obtain a better box.
Still waiting for the HD jobbies to come down in price as it will give a couple of channels more.

Thanks for the update.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:32 pm

try the manual download when the time is right - they may have fixed the software but not changed the version number - like i say all my 430n have been working OK - one has been on since last wednesday and is used for channel hopping in the office and has not yet shut down.....maybe its worth a shot....
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:57 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Ok I will do that in the morning, btw I am on 12480 (?) as default now as I changed from the 11778 UK one.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 5:02 pm

if you have picture, the DT you manually input is automatically overridden by the sky box, that uses which ever of the 90plus frequencies it needs to use for the channel you are watching....so if you watch sky news the box will look at 12207 - the only frequency for Sky neww, or BBC News on 11945H...overriding the DT you have input
12480 is a group of C4 channels...thats all...

and the sky box will try and look at 11778 everytime you press one of the Sky Guide, Interactive, Service Box Office buttons, as it will try to play the EPG background music, that is on....11778!!!

and normallym, the DT will automatcailly change back to 11778 if it gets even a whiff of that particular frequency....

you only have to change the DT to help the box boot up when it cannot boot up using 11778, where the full 7 day programme guide sites, but EVERY other frequency carries some limited information that the box can use to boot up with...

Last edited by The Guy; Aug 25th 2010 at 5:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.