Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Question for Benidorm residents - diet!

Question for Benidorm residents - diet!

Old Aug 29th 2021, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Lagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Benidorm residents - diet!

Originally Posted by growinspain
There are a minimum of 10 vegan restaurants in Benidorm according to "the 10 best" on trip adviser and google search...
I looked at that page but it's a list of restaurants that are "vegan friendly". No. 1 on the list is a steakhouse!
Old Aug 31st 2021, 4:52 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Lagoo, a diet based on takeaway foods is a sure-fire way to run into health problems sooner or later...

Lynn, I not had a pizza now for a couple of years. I can’t imagine I will ever eat a whole one every again. However, Pizza marinara is a Neapolitan pizza without cheese and would be the exception.

Personally, I find most Spanish food boring and quite bland. One or two exceptions to that. I certainly didn’t move to this country for the food!

Takeaway/restaurant food and processed food you buy in the supermarket are full of things you really don’t want to let too much of into your body.

Neither being thin or indeed doing regular exercise in themselves indicate that everything is OK health wise either. Bad diet can still put cholesterol thru the roof, too much salt intake puts up blood pressure, excessive saturated fat causes a whole host of issues and you find sugar in lots of foods that would surprise you.

Moderation is the key so once or twice a week is OK but any more than that then better to be keeping an eye on your blood test results to see everything as it should be.

The diet followed by many in western countries has become appalling, basically.

But it is your life, your body and your free will, so eat as you please but be aware there might be untoward consequence, if you do not follow a balanced diet.
Old Aug 31st 2021, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Lagoo, a diet based on takeaway foods is a sure-fire way to run into health problems sooner or later...

Lynn, I not had a pizza now for a couple of years. I can’t imagine I will ever eat a whole one every again. However, Pizza marinara is a Neapolitan pizza without cheese and would be the exception.

Personally, I find most Spanish food boring and quite bland. One or two exceptions to that. I certainly didn’t move to this country for the food!

Takeaway/restaurant food and processed food you buy in the supermarket are full of things you really don’t want to let too much of into your body.

Neither being thin or indeed doing regular exercise in themselves indicate that everything is OK health wise either. Bad diet can still put cholesterol thru the roof, too much salt intake puts up blood pressure, excessive saturated fat causes a whole host of issues and you find sugar in lots of foods that would surprise you.

Moderation is the key so once or twice a week is OK but any more than that then better to be keeping an eye on your blood test results to see everything as it should be.

The diet followed by many in western countries has become appalling, basically.

But it is your life, your body and your free will, so eat as you please but be aware there might be untoward consequence, if you do not follow a balanced diet.
What is wrong with pizza - the 4 main food groups and if you have an hawaian it has your fruit....