Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Question about selling a van and trailer HELP

Question about selling a van and trailer HELP

Old Oct 10th 2010, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about selling a van and trailer HELP

Hi All

I have a post on the Portugal Forum. One reply i got was to post on this Forum. One reply on another Forum said that with the amount of people going back to the UK from Spain it may be worth posting on here.

I have copied the text from the post below.

Any feedback will help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this Post

Peter

Hi All

When i move over to CP i will have a Transit short wheel base van and heavy duty trailer. The trailer is 8x5ft long body, the sides are made from steel shutter metal.

The van and trailer is to bring all my belonging over for my cottage.

What i would like to know is is there a market for RHD vans and trailers. If i could sell them it would save the trouble of driving them back to Liverpool. To drive back would cost with Fuel, Tolls, Ferry etc £500/600 when i could fly for a lot less

I have to go back to the UK to pick up my car and the rest of my belonging and yes another trailer.

My decision will depend on the feedback i get

Peter
Old Oct 10th 2010, 3:59 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about selling a van and trailer HELP

You might be better canvassing those who buy RHD vehicles. There are lots around CB. There may not be so many around Portugal? I suggest you check your local newspapers
Old Oct 10th 2010, 4:00 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about selling a van and trailer HELP

Originally Posted by peterfc
Hi All

What i would like to know is is there a market for RHD vans and
trailers.
The only market would really be someone making the move back to UK.

As you may already be aware, it is not possible to matriculate vans and, of course, would be illegal to drive around on UK plates (after 3 months anyway).

Also, to make trailers legal here is quite a pain!

Best of luck though.