Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Quesada - Very British

Quesada - Very British

Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough
Default Quesada - Very British

Hi There

Well we have now made the move to Quesada and have been here for about 3 weeks. We are lucky that we have not bought as yet and are renting from a friend. Prior to moving out we were quite happy with Queada and the ammenties it offered - however since being here have found it to be really British / English - which is swaying my decission to stay here . Does anyone have the same opinion or is this due to the holiday season?

Thanks
Katya
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quesada - Very British

Told you so!!!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a tad, some of the surrounding areas are also like Benijofar but they are also very nice and so are the people. I suppose just depends on what your after.

We have a townhouse in Daya Nueva and although it now has a broad spectrum of non Spanish residents with all the new builds it is typically a Small Spanish village but it is nice to return to after a few hours in Torre etc etc.

If your after a more Spanish feel then you dont need to move to far in that area to find it.

Good Luck
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:24 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Very British indeed but not English....... Got a little piccy of the main square

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:19 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Ermm! And what's wrong with that like?

An invasion of this scale inevitably changes the culture of a place fro better or worse. Still you can get loads of English products like - Brit sausages, HP sauce, Pork pies, Mars Bars.... Kelloggs.

I like the Thai Restaurant there.

I like visiting Quesada now and then but wouldn't want to live there, very congested this time of year... not my cup of tea either. BUT we are all different.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

abbbb1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Quesada - Very British

I think that it may depend just which part of Quesada you are in. There is a are 8 nationalities at least in my part - and I find a German dictionary very handy when I stay in my holiday home (on a community)!! I must admit that there do seem to be fewer places in Quesada when you hear Spanish spoken - but I try to practice Spanish at every opportunity. If you have a car you can travel out to anywhere that you want. I live in Quesada, but on the outskirts, and you definitely couldn't call it congested - sometimes I can actually hear a pin drop!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough

Abb i agree - we are in La Fiesta and its lovely and soo very quiet. However if you go into town - my 6 year old is excited to practice the spanish he is learning - and tries to speak it in restaurants etc - and once he asked for his meal or drink etc - he usually is greeted with - "Alright then mate" - We have travelled futher out and have found some real lovely spanish places to eat etc - but i just didnt realise how much British / English lived here that was all .

Kat x
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

charliemac54 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just got back from Quesada after visiting friends who moved there 18 months ago.
I found the whole place quite unnerving.
The streets were empty. The lack of cars parked on the side of streets made it feel like a ghost town.

A car is a MUST.

The "Estates" they have built there, are already becoming a problem with the kids growing up and finding they have nothing to do. They have no Spanish neighbours, so cannot embrace the language as they do at school. I saw a few hoodies hanging around whilst I was there.
One resident took videos of the events at a club on the estate. He/She must be a nut who likes to complain about everything.
The youtube link is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r5EyG-3tze8

Vast fields all fenced off where Little fincas used to be, earmarked for even more "estates" to be built.

I love Spain, but I would never consider moving to this British enclave.

Last edited by charliemac54; Oct 22nd 2008 at 11:25 pm. Reason: Added a bit
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 1:22 am

There it has been said hundreds of times on here.............Rent before you buy Even if you fall in love with a house I would think in the present financial climate the owner/developer would allow you to rent that house because they are getting some form of return. Afterwards If its all top hole you can then buy. I think you are lucky you can walk away now your unhappy and move on, Many who left their brains on the plane are stuck in what appeared ideal on first arrival but after the holiday feel left them found that location unsuitable for their needs/Aspirations and could be waiting years for a buyer and in negative equity.

Some people do not take the advice

Last edited by poshnbucks; Oct 23rd 2008 at 1:50 am.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:45 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by charliemac54
One resident took videos of the events at a club on the estate. He/She must be a nut who likes to complain about everything.
The youtube link is [url]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r5EyG-3tze8[/url
Why would you think then a nut,
no I wouldn't bother to film it either, but by doing so they may just remind others that it ain't all rosy.
And notice the voices are all English, nuh said.
These lot are possibly on holiday & don't give a dam that life still go's on, others still do need to sleep, even go to work the next day.
I have a mixture of neighbours & the noisiest are definitely the Spanish one's & thats in their own homes.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

I lived there on first moving to Spain. I rented in the Marquesa IV area. It depends what you want, but if you are looking for anything remotely connected to Spanish life you will not find it there. IMO all the bad baggage that Brits carry has been exported there, but with none of the advantages. At least you have had the sense to rent and can make a pesonal and informed decision.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

abbbb1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably renting before buying is the best idea - especially when a house is such a big outlay and usually take a some time to sell - even in the best of economic climates. I didn't do that, but love the house; pool, and have made loads of friends, of all nationalities, whilst I have been out there on holiday.

I think that any place is what you make it. I'm not sure that I love the town where I live in England, (not that it's rowdy, crime ridden etc) but I have a great lifestyle; great friends and don't spend all my time in the town - but travel out to places of interest.

No two people are the same - which is probably - just as well!! I'm lucky that I can speak Spanish - but I'm sure that for every English that can there are loads that can't. If you can't you are going to stick to enclaves. I don't live on one - and must agree that I would hate to live on one.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Originally Posted by charliemac54
The youtube link is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r5EyG-3tze8
Brilliant. If they didn't want the sights and sounds of a town they shouldn't have moved in to one, should they? But if they'd moved to a place without neighbours they'd not have been able to pursue their love of curtain-twitching. Life's full of difficult decisions.

And before anyone has a go, we live in the centre of an expanded village out of Madrid. We have the local Caribbean/South American immigrant chavs hanging around in the park between us and the church from when they wake up to some ridiculous hour of the morning (they're normally gone when I get a taxi to the airport at 5:45, so not that late). Just relax and live with it.

The convenience of living within walking distance of everything offsets any problems and is way better than living out in the don't-speak-to-your-neighbour gated estates further out where the quiet merely highlights the rabid dog barking that goes on.

Someone once commented that if you want to determine your environment, you buy it. If you don't want your views obscured, buy the land to prevent developers building on it, if you don't want noise, buy a buffer zone and plant/build to absorb noise. If you can't do that, learn to live with your lack of control over your surroundings. It's all a compromise but the only thing you can change with certainty is your response to what goes on.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by coralsoft
Brilliant. If they didn't want the sights and sounds of a town they shouldn't have moved in to one, should they? But if they'd moved to a place without neighbours they'd not have been able to pursue their love of curtain-twitching. Life's full of difficult decisions.

And before anyone has a go, we live in the centre of an expanded village out of Madrid. We have the local Caribbean/South American immigrant chavs hanging around in the park between us and the church from when they wake up to some ridiculous hour of the morning (they're normally gone when I get a taxi to the airport at 5:45, so not that late). Just relax and live with it.

The convenience of living within walking distance of everything offsets any problems and is way better than living out in the don't-speak-to-your-neighbour gated estates further out where the quiet merely highlights the rabid dog barking that goes on.

Someone once commented that if you want to determine your environment, you buy it. If you don't want your views obscured, buy the land to prevent developers building on it, if you don't want noise, buy a buffer zone and plant/build to absorb noise. If you can't do that, learn to live with your lack of control over your surroundings. It's all a compromise but the only thing you can change with certainty is your response to what goes on.

This is because this location is Lucky Lucky Man HQ
Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:25 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
This is because this location is Lucky Lucky Man HQ
Is that the same as Looky, Looky men.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.