Qualifications to work in a nursery in Sapin

Qualifications to work in a nursery in Sapin

Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

joanna.pinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualifications to work in a nursery in Sapin

Hi

I'm new on here.

I've been living in Spain for the last 10 years teaching English as a foreign language to infants and primary.
I have the Celta qualification to be able to do this.

I now want to move to Barcelona and work in an English speaking nursery and eventually open up my own English speaking nursery.

Can someone please tell me what qualifications i need to be able to WORK in a Spanish nursery??? I prefer i study in UK than in Spain.

I'm looking to do the Level 3 Diploma children and young people's workforce but i'm worried it wont be recognized in Spain.

Any advise would be great! :-)
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifications to work in a nursery in Sapin

Originally Posted by joanna.pinner
Hi

I'm new on here.

I've been living in Spain for the last 10 years teaching English as a foreign language to infants and primary.
I have the Celta qualification to be able to do this.

I now want to move to Barcelona and work in an English speaking nursery and eventually open up my own English speaking nursery.

Can someone please tell me what qualifications i need to be able to WORK in a Spanish nursery??? I prefer i study in UK than in Spain.

I'm looking to do the Level 3 Diploma children and young people's workforce but i'm worried it wont be recognized in Spain.

Any advise would be great! :-)
The best thing would be to ask the English speaking nursery you want to get a job at in Barcelona. They are all online these days

Opening your own nursery would be a nightmare in terms of legislation - and be very very expensive in Barcelona (talking millions, or thousands rent per month). Positive side is nursery fees in Barcelona are high, around 500 euros per child per month - and there is a shortage
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your advise.

I have telephoned about 10 different nurseries in Barcelona and none of them really know....i think a lot of nurseries have the Spanish qualified people there and bring in the English natives as teachers to speak to the kids.

I would like to get some qualification .... eek :-)
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your advise.

I have telephoned about 10 different nurseries in Barcelona and none of them really know....i think a lot of nurseries have the Spanish qualified people there and bring in the English natives as teachers to speak to the kids.

I would like to get some qualification .... eek :-)
looking at jobs advertised they are asking for a degree in Educación Infantil, from memory ( I used to be involved in pre-school education a loooong time ago) a level 3 diploma isn't degree equivalent, is it?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Aha ...but here's the big question what is Educacion infantil in uk as i dont wont to study in Spain.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:53 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Aha ...but here's the big question what is Educacion infantil in uk as i dont wont to study in Spain.
they are asking for a university degree in infant school/early childhood education

some are wanting a grado superior - so a higher degree

Last edited by lynnxa; Jun 28th 2012 at 3:02 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
they are asking for a university degree in infant school/early childhood education

some are wanting a grado superior - so a higher degree
There are people around here advertising as a childminder for 7 euros per hour who have a degree in childhood education

Educacion infantil in Spain is from 0-6 years old I believe
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:31 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by cricketman
There are people around here advertising as a childminder for 7 euros per hour who have a degree in childhood education

Educacion infantil in Spain is from 0-6 years old I believe
you're right - essentially it is from birth to 6yrs

it's a shame, isn't it that people with degrees can't get work - a sign of teh crisis I guess?

I was pretty certain about the quals because I know someone whose daughter is starting uni after the summer to do a degree in educación infantil, and she wants to either work as a nursery or infant teacher, but thought I'd check by looking at job vacancies

with due respect to the OP, but in all honesty - with locally qualified people queueing up for jobs, would you employ someone with a qualification which needed to be checked & approved?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lynnxa
with due respect to the OP, but in all honesty - with locally qualified people queueing up for jobs, would you employ someone with a qualification which needed to be checked & approved?
I know around here a lot of the nurserys are advertised as bilingual English-Spanish, so her only chance is that they are lacking English speakers

I know an English guy up here who has no qualifications but works in a very expensive private school simply because they wanted to advertise that they had a native English speaker
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:41 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by cricketman
I know around here a lot of the nurserys are advertised as bilingual English-Spanish, so her only chance is that they are lacking English speakers

I know an English guy up here who has no qualifications but works in a very expensive private school simply because they wanted to advertise that they had a native English speaker
I think that's what she's already doing now, though