QROPS

Old May 27th 2013, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

celia50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QROPS

Hi has anyone has dealings with Forth Capital ?

I am thinking about QROPS Pensions.

Thanks,Celia
Old May 27th 2013, 6:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QROPS

Research what HMRC think of them, and if there is any tax implication. I wouldnt touch qrops with a barge pole personally due to what Ive read over the years.
Old May 27th 2013, 11:12 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celia50
Hi has anyone has dealings with Forth Capital ?

I am thinking about QROPS Pensions.

Thanks,Celia
I believe they advertise on BE but that is a purely commercial arrangement
Caveat Emptor
Old May 28th 2013, 7:27 am
Just Joined

celia50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Research what HMRC think of them, and if there is any tax implication. I wouldnt touch qrops with a barge pole personally due to what Ive read over the years.
Many thanks Mitzyboy and Domino for your advice,would need to check them out anyway
Old May 28th 2013, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Kurt958 is an unknown quantity at this point

I transferred mine into one with a company here,its worked out really well for me, but it really depends on each persons needs , it wont suit everyone.
Old May 28th 2013, 8:08 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

These QROPS threads always bring out the new posters don't they

Take Mitzy's advice, in fact gouge out your eyes before getting involved in them
Old May 28th 2013, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Yeah, im new to this forum but ive been on another one for months and got bored so thought i would join another

Kurt
Old May 28th 2013, 8:21 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo

Take Mitzy's advice, in fact gouge out your eyes before getting involved in them
But then you wouldnt be able to read the application form ...................
Old May 28th 2013, 8:22 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Kurt958
Yeah, im new to this forum but ive been on another one for months and got bored so thought i would join another

Kurt
Ahh well there you go ... welcome to the forum, where are you based?
Old May 28th 2013, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Im in Fuengirola, Malaga.Been here for about 14 years now! bit bored of the Costa del sol to be honest now!
Old May 28th 2013, 8:35 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
These QROPS threads always bring out the new posters don't they

jacky you are almost as cynical as me
Old May 28th 2013, 8:42 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Kurt958
Im in Fuengirola, Malaga.Been here for about 14 years now! bit bored of the Costa del sol to be honest now!
Oh, OK .... ever been to Cyprus?
Old May 28th 2013, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Nope, would like to visit but not to live, not they way it is over there at the moment!! Would like to go to Turkey at some point
Old May 28th 2013, 8:52 am
Senior Moment

I'm running a book now

Its going to be for the world record time for someone posting on a forum about qrops before a financial consultant / advisor registers and starts to post.

@the OP
Celia, I would strongly suggest that you search the forums here for qrops and you will find a variety of discussions. Some good, some bad. The problem seems to be that many of the good comments are actually from people who have a vested interest in qrops, and therefore tend to not give an unbiased view.

If I were you, and contemplating this then i would start my research by contacting HMRC and asking them exactly what their view is on the subject. Sorry your thread has got slightly derailed ... unfortunately they often do on this subject.

Of course any unbiased opinions on the subject are welcomed from anyone
Old May 28th 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm running a book now

Its going to be for the world record time for someone posting on a forum about qrops before a financial consultant / advisor registers and starts to post.

@the OP
Celia, I would strongly suggest that you search the forums here for qrops and you will find a variety of discussions. Some good, some bad. The problem seems to be that many of the good comments are actually from people who have a vested interest in qrops, and therefore tend to not give an unbiased view.

If I were you, and contemplating this then i would start my research by contacting HMRC and asking them exactly what their view is on the subject. Sorry your thread has got slightly derailed ... unfortunately they often do on this subject.

Of course any unbiased opinions on the subject are welcomed from anyone
IMO good advice, as entering into something not acceptable to HMRC - who have dropped several schemes from their list over the past 12m or so - as there are severe penalties lurking.

`