Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Purchasing new car

Purchasing new car

Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:25 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Purchasing new car

Originally Posted by helenp
7000 euros thats not a bad price I thought car prices in Spain were really expensive I suppose it must be if you buy new. Was it easy with the language barrier getting your car after all there is a lot of technical talk or did they speak a bit of English? Personally I do not know why people take there British cars over is it not awkward driving on the other side?

Helen
Certainly from the little experience I've had of driving a RHD car in France etc, and it was some 20 years ago, you do need a passenger to help, especially at car park barriers etc,. Been held up so many times behind Brits in illegal cars having to get out at the barrier to take their ticket, or to operate the release mechanism to know that it certainly causes frustration to people behind.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:41 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Certainly from the little experience I've had of driving a RHD car in France etc, and it was some 20 years ago, you do need a passenger to help, especially at car park barriers etc,. Been held up so many times behind Brits in illegal cars having to get out at the barrier to take their ticket, or to operate the release mechanism to know that it certainly causes frustration to people behind.
Holding everyone up can also happen in a LHD.......like when hubby reached for the ticket at the toll on the motorway and it tore, the barrier wouldn't open and we had to wait for someone to come over and help I don't know what he said to us but he wasn't smiling
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lis48
Didn´t he say €7000 UNDER the NEW price Helen? As the new price for a Suzuki Gran Vitara is about €18,000+, he still paid quite a lot.
They start at Euros 18,250 for a standard Petrol model and go up to Euros 21,000 for top of the range + diesel, and as ours is a top of the range diesel with low mileage I think it was reasonable
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

zims500 has a brilliant futurezims500 has a brilliant futurezims500 has a brilliant futurezims500 has a brilliant futurezims500 has a brilliant futurezims500 has a brilliant futurezims500 has a brilliant future

Automatic , Air-Con'd , Leather , Alloys , any interesting extras ?
( May you well and long enjoy it ! )
R.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue-Tom
Hi,

just wondered if anyone has purchased new car over in Spain, particulary around Huelva and how you went on? where are the main dealers especially Nissan. We are considering the Nissan Note, anyone heard any good reports?

Tom

Just an update for info

bought new Peugeot 307SW Diesel from Peugeot dealer in Heulva for 19000e including extra seat, full tank of petrol, and free watch!
My husband was very pleased.

now when all the family over to visit can go out together in one trip as car seats 7.

Tom priced car in Uk at £16000. plus extras.

Sue
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:15 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update for info

bought new Peugeot 307SW Diesel from Peugeot dealer in Heulva for 19000e including extra seat, full tank of petrol, and free watch!

now when all the family over to visit can go out together in one trip as car seats 7.

Sue
So, hubby gets the watch and you get the car.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mikelincs
So, hubby gets the watch and you get the car.
Yes that's right how did you quess?

he had to have something to keep him happy whilst he spent more money achieving his goal are spending a quiet, slow paced sunny retirement.

Ha Ha not much chance of that at the moment to much work to do in the new house.

Sue
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Just an update for info

Sue
Suppose the " extra seat " is on the roof, so the mother in law can get the best views eh ?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:08 am
Account Closed

now I know why my husband had the roof reinforced!!!

mind you she did say she was only coming over to sunbathe.

Sue