Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pros and Cons of Gibraltar

Pros and Cons of Gibraltar

Old May 28th 2015, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pros and Cons of Gibraltar

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone could provide me with some pros and cons of living and working in Gibraltar. I understand that a lot of Gib workers live in Spain and cross the border each day.

Also, might sound like a daft question....but we have a little dog. I understand accommodation in Gib is limited. Also, what is the treatment of animals like in this region generally?

We don't have children in need of schooling so this isn't an issue.

Any advice (or links to another thread here) greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Old May 28th 2015, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pros and Cons of Gibraltar

Hi

Accommodation in Gib is relatively expensive but that has to be balanced with traveling costs and time from Spain plus also the uncertainty of the frontier crossing.

Some rentals may allow animals but not all.

I always suggest anyone moving here should first rent in Gib for at least 6 months whilst checking out other possibilities yourself.

Property to Rent in Gibraltar | Rentals Gibraltar | Apartment to rent Gibraltar | Rental Properties Gibraltar
Old May 28th 2015, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Hi

Accommodation in Gib is relatively expensive but that has to be balanced with traveling costs and time from Spain plus also the uncertainty of the frontier crossing.

Some rentals may allow animals but not all.

I always suggest anyone moving here should first rent in Gib for at least 6 months whilst checking out other possibilities yourself.

Property to Rent in Gibraltar | Rentals Gibraltar | Apartment to rent Gibraltar | Rental Properties Gibraltar
Thank you very much.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I would be interested to know what the weather is like in Gibraltar. For example, during the winter (or summer) do you experience many thunderstorms?

I have been told that from May to September the weather is generally sunny, and during the winter months is can be wet and grey.

Any help appreciated
Old Jun 9th 2015, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Average weather statistics

Summer rarely reaches 30 and there is generally some wind to keep it pleasant

Winter again it rarely drops below 10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Gibraltar

Daily forecast with webcam looking West from Ocean Village

Gibraltar - MeteoGib

We had a few spots of rain this morning
Old Jun 9th 2015, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Average weather statistics

Summer rarely reaches 30 and there is generally some wind to keep it pleasant

Winter again it rarely drops below 10

Climate of Gibraltar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daily forecast with webcam looking West from Ocean Village

Gibraltar - MeteoGib

We had a few spots of rain this morning
Thank you very much. Do you have many thunderstorms? I only ask as where I am at the moment (Hungary), we experience quite violent thunderstorms at times and it is a factor as to where we may relocate too.

Many thanks :-)
Old Jun 9th 2015, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollypaprika
Thank you very much. Do you have many thunderstorms? I only ask as where I am at the moment (Hungary), we experience quite violent thunderstorms at times and it is a factor as to where we may relocate too.

Many thanks :-)
Very rarely but it is not uncommon to see lightning in the strait.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Very rarely but it is not uncommon to see lightning in the strait.
Thank you