Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Property Owner wanted

Property Owner wanted

Old Sep 25th 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

JohnEd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Owner wanted

I would like to make contact direct with a property owner, without going via an agency. Someone who could offer a long term tenancy to a respectable tenant at a reasonable cost. I’ve tried other places but it’s all for the holiday market.
I need to “escape” a bad relationship and don’t fancy moving locally into a bedsit or flat. So I’ve come up with the idea of moving to the Spain mainland or even the Canary’s for the winter sun, then I would be happy to move into an apartment or flat. At my age all I want is peace and a bit of sun and maybe even a small garden. An expats community would be great.
Holiday rental apartments seem very sterile with no home comforts.
I’m a non-smoker but I do have a well behaved Springer Spaniel dog who will be accompanying me. She is gorgeous and allows me to look after her…………
Need to mention I can’t do hills and climbing. Thanks for reading. John
Old Sep 25th 2012, 2:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property Owner wanted

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 25th 2012, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

Hepa is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a break in the Canary Islands, it is a renters market at the moment.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 2:58 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnEd
I would like to make contact direct with a property owner, without going via an agency. Someone who could offer a long term tenancy to a respectable tenant at a reasonable cost. I’ve tried other places but it’s all for the holiday market.
I need to “escape” a bad relationship and don’t fancy moving locally into a bedsit or flat. So I’ve come up with the idea of moving to the Spain mainland or even the Canary’s for the winter sun, then I would be happy to move into an apartment or flat. At my age all I want is peace and a bit of sun and maybe even a small garden. An expats community would be great.
I’m a non-smoker but I do have a well behaved Springer Spaniel dog who will be accompanying me. She is gorgeous and allows me to look after her…………
Try kyero.com, or owners direct, you shuld find what you are looking for, BUT do remember to tell them you have a dog, many places will not allow pets, or you may have to pay a bigger deposit.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your comments gents it's appreciated.
I would go to the Canary Isles but I would still need to find an interested owner, so this may be the best way at the moment.
Have had a look at kyero.com it looks promising Thanks.
Regards John
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:49 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Look at Rent&Share Gran Canaria on facebook.. or come over for a weeks holiday and find one ..plenty empty now ..€500 with water and electric.. long term..
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:58 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Remember if you bring a dog here it can cost 800 euros to take it back with you
Old Sep 26th 2012, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. Thats expensive...........
Looking at other things I'm starting to lean towards the Spanish mainland. I do know the weather's not as good in winter. Just been on the internet I can get a flight in Nov to Malaga for £25 single big difference.
Once again thanks for your help.
Regards John
Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

Hepa is an unknown quantity at this point

The Iberian part of Spain compared with the Canary Islands is so expensive. I have just visited Santander, the costs in some eating and drinking establishments were extortionate.

This is probably due to the low 7% V.A.T that we have here, makes living costs a lot cheaper.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Poppy Mae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnEd
How was you thinking of bringing your dog over, back in 2005 we flew our cat from Gatwick to Seville with Iberia at the cost of £600.00 that did included a couple of days stay in a cattery near to Heathrow as well. Also is your dogs passport up to date with all her shots including rabies, here in Spain the rabies shot has to done every year as opposed to every 2 years in UK.

Attached is a link for you just in case you haven't already checked on things, hope everything turns out OK for you.

http://www.spanishpropertyco.com/Tak...o%20Spain.html