Proof of funds

Old Jan 15th 2017, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of funds

For how many months previous to your residency application must you show you have been receiving the required €600/€700 income?
Old Jan 16th 2017, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

monjue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of funds

Your question is a little confusing?...

If you are a EU citizen you need to either have minimum 4000€ in your bank or a work contract to apply for your recidencia.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute

I am an EU citizen but in Denia region you must show a regular monthly income €600/€700 not just a lump sum
Old Jan 16th 2017, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

oh ok.. sorry can't help more.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 11:31 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monjue
Your question is a little confusing?...

If you are a EU citizen you need to either have minimum 4000€ in your bank or a work contract to apply for your recidencia.
It all depends where you go - some might say as little as 4000€ although I have heard of 10000€ (each) being required.

However, the norm if around 600€ from ANY source.

If you are working in Spain, then I think that covers your entire family providing it's a FULL contract - that is, I don't think there's a minimum level of income required.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snikpoh
It all depends where you go - some might say as little as 4000€ although I have heard of 10000€ (each) being required.

However, the norm if around 600€ from ANY source.

If you are working in Spain, then I think that covers your entire family providing it's a FULL contract - that is, I don't think there's a minimum level of income required.

👍🏻
Old Jan 17th 2017, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have read of many places where you must show income- not just lump sum
Old Jan 17th 2017, 3:05 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dondurma
I have read of many places where you must show income- not just lump sum
Most places stipulate a regular income. Some will ask for a fixed sum AS WELL. Very few, in my experience, just ask for a lump sum.

In rare cases, I have heard that owning a property can help as can having a healthy balance on a credit card!
Old Jan 17th 2017, 4:35 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It varies from office to office. The reason for that is that the guidance does not specify any specific amount, however is does allow for ownership of property and other assets which may include a lump sum, or as Snikpoh pointed out, even a decent credit card balance.

This is what the actual law says, translation courtesy of Google.

2. Disposition of sufficient resources, for himself and for the members of his family, not to become a burden for the social assistance of Spain during his period of residence. Accreditation of the possession of sufficient resources, either by periodic income, including labor or other income, or by the possession of a patrimony, will be made by any means of proof admitted in law, such as property titles, certified checks , Documentation justifying the obtaining of capital income or credit cards, providing in the latter case an updated bank certification that establishes the amount available as credit for the said card. The assessment of the sufficiency of means must be made on an individual basis, and in any case, taking into account the personal and family situation of the applicant. Accreditation shall be considered sufficient for the fulfillment of this requirement to have resources that are higher than the amount established each year by the General Budget Law of the State to generate the right to receive a non-contributory benefit, taking into account the personal and family situation of the interested.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Ikea lover is an unknown quantity at this point

If you show them a Uk bank statement / credit card statement, does it have to be translated by a sworn translator into Spanish? Also, can the address on the UK bank statement be your address in the UK, or does it have to have your Spanish address on it?
Old Feb 17th 2017, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ikea lover
If you show them a Uk bank statement / credit card statement, does it have to be translated by a sworn translator into Spanish? Also, can the address on the UK bank statement be your address in the UK, or does it have to have your Spanish address on it?
In short if it is in English get it translated by a certified translator, We used one in Madrid but sent documents by e main land they came back by post. functionario in Seville was most insistant on this and turned us away on the first occasion we went. Ours was for our pension statements from the DWP UK. You would need to provide 3 monthly statements and it had to be a Spanish bank, or so he said. He was not interested in anything in English or related to uk unless translated and certified. Having said all that it seems everyone interprets rules differently.
good luck Pete
Old Feb 18th 2017, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dondurma
For how many months previous to your residency application must you show you have been receiving the required €600/€700 income?
It might help to get a better response to clarify wether you are retired, working, home owner etc etc as it could make a difference.

I set up a Spanish bank account a year before I came here to live. After research, I made sure I deposited the required monthly deposits into that account and extra as savings. When I made my application for residency they were happy to accept the Spanish bank statements as showing a regular income.

Steve
Old Feb 18th 2017, 8:13 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Ikea lover
Some places ask for the income/funds to be in a SPANISH bank and will NOT accept a UK account.