Reload this Page >

Process/tips/pitfalls re property

Process/tips/pitfalls re property

Old Jul 23rd 2019, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Canyella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Process/tips/pitfalls re property

Hello all

I wondered if anyone could point me to a good website or thread about the process/cost/legal issues of buying (an old terraced town house - in Valencia province....)?? Or is this the million dollar question (like 'what will happen after borisbrexit?').

Also what would be your checklist to ask the agent before viewing an older property?

Cheers!
Canyella
Old Jul 24th 2019, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Process/tips/pitfalls re property

Start here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-spain

https://www.pellicerheredia.com/en/real-estate

Do not rush into anything you need to know it is legal and has no debts. Use totally independent professional solicitors.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 8:50 am
Just Joined

thanks!
Old Jul 24th 2019, 8:51 am
Just Joined

I see a lot of mention of 'need to know it's legal' - presumably this is with new(ish) builds and any extension and so on, rather than an older property?

For an older property is permission required to update - wiring, plumbling, opening up rooms, adding an extra loo etc?
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canyella
I see a lot of mention of 'need to know it's legal' - presumably this is with new(ish) builds and any extension and so on, rather than an older property?

For an older property is permission required to update - wiring, plumbling, opening up rooms, adding an extra loo etc?
It has nothing to do with the age of property and you just never know. Sometimes it's better to just build a new property, rather than renovating an old property bit by bit. You need a licence for everything, for example minor works licence for tiling your patio and any extension will need a major works licence. The process of the extension would be nearly the same as a new build. You need a Spanish architect to submit plans to town hall.

Last edited by Moses2013; Jul 24th 2019 at 9:08 am.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:04 am
Just Joined

oh wow.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Are the licenses difficult to get and cost a shed load??
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:31 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Depends very much on what you are actually changing, renewing etc. We gained our licences very easily with our renovations but we were not tearing down walls or altering the size of the house at all purely ripping out everything in the two bathrooms and replacing with new. Costs were minimal for all of the minor works licences. We purchased all of the items necessary went to the town hall, filled out a form with the details of the work involved. They gave us a form to take to the bank to pay the required amount, returned to the town hall with the proof of payment and they issued the licence immediately.

I have had a look at the licence for when we employed a builder in 2012 to replace out roof terrace it cost 70 euros for the licence so even a more major job did not cost much.

One other thing is that you have to give an estimate of the time that the work will take. So there is no point in gaining a licence for work that will be completed some time in the distant future.

Hope that this helps.

Rosemary
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:35 am
Just Joined

great. that's helpful.

I'm a brave soul, and ambitious with my vision of what i want (typical artist), but I also need to be realistic!

How's the cost of labour compare to uk/france? I'm assuming there may be a slower progress work ethic, but that's not a big deal to me. within reason. lol

Jill
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what type of work and what is allowed. Each area has different regulations and some people aren't even allowed to paint their house in a different colour. Since we bought land and are still in the process of finalizing a new modular home, I can only speak for our area. This is good information: Since you are planning to change the property (extension), you will need a major license and will have to pay fees for an architect too.

https://www.spanishpropertyinsight.c...erty-in-spain/

Last edited by Moses2013; Jul 24th 2019 at 9:43 am.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Depends what type of work and what is allowed. Each area has different regulations and some people aren't even allowed to paint their house in a different colour. Since we bought land and are still in the process of finalizing a new modular home, I can only speak for our area. This is good information: Since you are planning to change the property (extension), you will need a major license and will have to pay fees for an architect too.

https://www.spanishpropertyinsight.c...erty-in-spain/
thanks for the link.
i've no interest in extending or anything - but assume one needs to make sure anything that looks 'new' in an old house needs to have proof for permission.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:56 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

great. that's helpful.

I'm a brave soul, and ambitious with my vision of what i want (typical artist), but I also need to be realistic!

How's the cost of labour compare to uk/france? I'm assuming there may be a slower progress work ethic, but that's not a big deal to me. within reason. lol

Jill
No idea how the cost of labour compares. Regarding the speed of work I have found the Spanish to be fast workers but maybe that is because I live in a small town and only employed locals to complete any work that was needed so cannot speak for other areas.

Rosemary
Old Jul 24th 2019, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Process/tips/pitfalls re property

hi canyella. in lliber,, jalon valley,you need a,licence for every thing you can think of.bath room 200 plus depends on size. you con not extend the foot print of the property at all.police and town hall do regular drive by,s most days we,ve had the police knock our door a few times checking.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by el collado kid
hi canyella. in lliber,, jalon valley,you need a,licence for every thing you can think of.bath room 200 plus depends on size. you con not extend the foot print of the property at all.police and town hall do regular drive by,s most days we,ve had the police knock our door a few times checking.
wow. i suppose it's fair enough to a certain degree if it's a means to keep things in hand as it were.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Process/tips/pitfalls re property

Originally Posted by el collado kid
p.s average hourly rate 15 plus very good workers indeed.we use the same spannish builder all the time very pleased indeed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.