Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Problems with DGT

Problems with DGT

Old May 30th 2023, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Problems with DGT

Hi I have the MiDGT app on my phone and tablet it's worked fine since putting it on the phone and tablet. Last night a message flashed on the phone from DGT saying I had received a multa. It must have been while driving back from a trip away last week. Anyway I tried to check on MiDGT app but it wouldn't log in and said sin connection. I tried a few times and then tried uninstalling re installing it now fails to load directly after accepting electronic certificate or clave saying not available. I have also tried the DGT.es site which I can get into but can't get it to check for multas etc. I did manage to check the licence points and have lost 2 points last week so confirming speeding charge. Has anyone else had issue with the site? I will have to wait for fine to be delivered as nothing else I can do. I know there is a 50% reduction if paid within 20 days can anyone confirm is that 20 days from receipt of penalty notice or the incident?
Old May 31st 2023, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems with DGT

This gets even odder. Last night the message flashed up and in the message mentioned Cádiz area which is correct as on the date shown I would be driving back from Jerez. As mentioned the App wouldn't and still won't let me in. This morning I was able to get onto the DGT.es site and check my points which showed a 2 point deduction from 14 to 12 so that confirmed a penalty. I couldn't get into the actual fine part to pay this morning. I have now just managed to get into the fine payment part and it shows the 300 euro fine but with a 100% discount and zero to pay? So I then checked my licence points again and they are back to 14? I am totally confused. For 2 penalty points I would have to be well over the speed limit and couldn't think how or where I could have exceeded it to that level. I suppose all I can do is see if anything comes in the post and take it from there. But how can you have a 300 euro fine with 100% discount? Plus points re instated as if by magic.
Old May 31st 2023, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have managed to work out what is happening re this fine. I spoke on the phone to a very helpful lady who explained the way the system works. The fine is outstanding but I have to wait for the letter asking me to identify the driver which she says will arrive in a few days. After I have identified to them that it was me they will send out the fine to myself and I will be able to pay it online. If paid within 20 days of receiving the fine I get 50% discount and they will take the 2 points of my licence.
They were really helpful if anyone has any queries re traffic fines just ring 060 from spanish number and they will offer if needed an English speaker to help you.
The operator told me that the MiDgt app is down so don't rely on it.
Admin please close the thread now as I have answered my question.

Old May 31st 2023, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I have had a couple of minor speeding fines but they have never reduced my points.
Old May 31st 2023, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spainrico
I have had a couple of minor speeding fines but they have never reduced my points.
Yes you are right it depends on level of speeding. I am not a fast driver and careful it has baffled me and the wife how I could have been so much over a speed limit to that level on the roads we were on main roads or motorways so generally a 120 kph limit or 90. I must have missed something, baffling but luckily I have 14 points so will drop back to usual 12 hopefully for a while untill I get them back. One of those things.