Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Problem Registering Mobile with Movistar

Problem Registering Mobile with Movistar

Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Lakekid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem Registering Mobile with Movistar

Is anyone else having a problem registering their mobile phone with Movistar? Every time I go to their shop in Torremolinos they tell me the system is down, and to come back anouther day!! Have been back several times and get told the same thing!! On the point of throwing the phone away!!! Any help or comments appreciated!!!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem Registering Mobile with Movistar

Originally Posted by Lakekid
Is anyone else having a problem registering their mobile phone with Movistar? Every time I go to their shop in Torremolinos they tell me the system is down, and to come back anouther day!! Have been back several times and get told the same thing!! On the point of throwing the phone away!!! Any help or comments appreciated!!!
Try a different shop, or you may be able to do it on line ?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

can u not do it over the phone ?

Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:15 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

They have forms for just that eventuality - ask them to fill a form in and then key it in later when the system comes back. You can sign the form and all should be OK.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I go to their shop in Torremolinos they tell me the system is down, and to come back anouther day!!

My experience as a non Movistar customer would suggest that far from the system being down, all their staff are too busy phoning customers of other operators, 2 or 3 times a day, every day (including saturday), to try to persuade them to switch to movistar, to be @rsed about anything else.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

mmm my experience of movistar shop staff are they are USELESS !!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by rachelk
My experience as a non Movistar customer would suggest that far from the system being down, all their staff are too busy phoning customers of other operators, 2 or 3 times a day, every day (including saturday), to try to persuade them to switch to movistar, to be @rsed about anything else.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Casita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura aboutCasita has a spectacular aura about

We had to register our mobile with Orange last week, tried 2 Orange shops in Granada and were told the system was down and to come back later that day, luckily we tried another shop a couple of hours later and were successful.

We were starting to panic as there was no opportunity to visit Granada again and the registration had to be done by November 7th or 9th, or we would be disconnected and we weren't back in Spain until late November.

We had to produce passports so it's not as if anyone could have done this for us while in U.K.

I wouldn't have thought it was possible to register on line if passports were needed as proof.