Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

problem with neighbours

problem with neighbours

Old Feb 22nd 2016, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Lebrija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default problem with neighbours

Hello I have lived in Spain 7 1/2 years I live in Seville has anybody on here had any problems with Spanish Neighbors doing loud works on there homes my neighbor is having for the 2nd time since I moved here loud work done on his house he has permission from the town hall but I am disabled and am having to leave my home for a large part of the day he has never talked to me about the works on his house but but has told other Spanish neighbours in the road even though i am a adjorning to his house.there any advice anyone could give me?
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: problem with neighbours

I think you need to talk to him and say that you find the works to be too loud for too long. He might then be able to ask the people doing the work to do so less loudly for a shorter time.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 8:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lebrija
Hello I have lived in Spain 7 1/2 years I live in Seville has anybody on here had any problems with Spanish Neighbors doing loud works on there homes my neighbor is having for the 2nd time since I moved here loud work done on his house he has permission from the town hall but I am disabled and am having to leave my home for a large part of the day he has never talked to me about the works on his house but but has told other Spanish neighbours in the road even though i am a adjorning to his house.there any advice anyone could give me?
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Lou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond reputeLou P. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lebrija
I think you should grin and bear it, as complaining will only make for hostilities and anyway, if the building work is noisy, it's because it has to be. It won't last for ever. However, you might try a pair of cordless earphones. This was suggested to me once (I didn't follow it up and didn't need to) by a lady who had got some because her neighbours are always noisy. She says that you plug them in to charge them, then tune them and they pick up the music from your radio or whatever, even 100m away and that's all you can hear. I think they cost about 35€. I wouldn't want them, but she said it was great - she was in her pwn world and forgot all about the other noise.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou P.
I think you should grin and bear it, as complaining will only make for hostilities and anyway, if the building work is noisy, it's because it has to be. It won't last for ever. However, you might try a pair of cordless earphones. This was suggested to me once (I didn't follow it up and didn't need to) by a lady who had got some because her neighbours are always noisy. She says that you plug them in to charge them, then tune them and they pick up the music from your radio or whatever, even 100m away and that's all you can hear. I think they cost about 35€. I wouldn't want them, but she said it was great - she was in her pwn world and forgot all about the other noise.
Why should she grin and bear it because her neighbour is inconsiderate?
I think she should speak politely and firmly to him, about how the work is affecting her.
We had non stop angle grinding at a neighbours house, noise , dust etc all through summer, and on Sunday's.
It is not acceptable!
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Weescottie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's live and let live. If you have a licence for works then there should be no problem carrying these out. We had the builders in last summer for a few weeks weeks but stipulated no early starts and to finish by seista time. In a sense we probably prolonged the disruption for our neighbours but thought It made it easier for them to handle. We live in a mainly Spanish community, the only people that complained were our English neighbours. They are still not speaking to us now, silence is golden...ha ha
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Twice in 7 1/2 yrs is hardly excessive. I would Live & let live unless they start very early and go on much after 6pm.

Just think You may need some work doing on your own house at sometime.