Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pro and contra...Spain-Britain

Pro and contra...Spain-Britain

Old Feb 6th 2005, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default Pro and contra...Spain-Britain

I was wondering if anybody with experience on living in both countries can help me to fill my list in !!

I will start with the weather......what else??
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:02 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pro and contra...Spain-Britain

Originally Posted by eurotramp
I was wondering if anybody with experience on living in both countries can help me to fill my list in !!

Slower more relaxing way of life in Spain is an important factor, but it can be hard to adapt if you are use to the fast pace of life in the UK
Old Feb 7th 2005, 1:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Just the opposite of England in most things
Except you still get the larger lout British tourists on the coast
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

muttymutt is an unknown quantity at this point

MANANA!!! does not mean tommorrow, it means 'whenever I can be bothered!!!!'

crazy drivers!!

dogs barking all night!!

paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork!!

needing photocopies of your life history constantly!!

tons of Brits who have re-invented themselves since being here!(most are FULL of S***!!

extreme temperature change between summer and winter

Originally Posted by jdr
Just the opposite of England in most things
Except you still get the larger lout British tourists on the coast
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by muttymutt
MANANA!!! does not mean tommorrow, it means 'whenever I can be bothered!!!!'

crazy drivers!!

dogs barking all night!!

paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork!!

needing photocopies of your life history constantly!!

tons of Brits who have re-invented themselves since being here!(most are FULL of S***!!

extreme temperature change between summer and winter
Hi Mutty..

just got your message...thanks...I thought that the weather in the winter would be fine out there....how cold is cold then?
But at least you have still the sun and not that grey stuff we have over here...or??
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:00 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Amen to that.

Rain in winter. Forget English rain, we're talking floods.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sibsie
Amen to that.

Rain in winter. Forget English rain, we're talking floods.

Guys...you are not making my life easier
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

muttymutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys...you are not making my life easier
Yep the weather is very extreme!! When it rains it pours and it turns the spanish even MORE crazy, they think they'll shrink when they get wet, so they just run out in the road to cross instead of waiting!! Also they park RIGHT outside the shop they need to go into!!!!! Last week it was at least
-4!! So it not all sunshine ans swimming pools!!
Sorry to 'rain' on your plans. If I were you I'd try to rent here during the winter just to get an idea.

Sorry again
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:01 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muttymutt
If I were you I'd try to rent here during the winter just to get an idea.

Sorry again
You might want to do a whole August as well to get an idea of the heat without air con, and the influx of tourists. If I had my time again I'd have rented for 6 months before I made a committment there.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit I like the weather in Spain both Summer and Winter, nice to get a change. Just come back from UK so nice to see the Sun shining again. Floods you get in the UK, some places have their own kind of house boat which isn't designed to be. Drivers here, ummmm not sure who is in the car driving, could be spanish, german, swedish, eastern Europe, blah blah, all driving spanish plates of course..... After spending the last few weeks off and on in UK, I'm glad to be away from dreary skies, too much heating in houses and pubs, and away from congested trains, roads, blah blah,......and bloody expensive trains at that!!!! £100 to get from Birmingham international to London......unless I went on the donkey one that took 2 and half hours!! cheaper to fly....
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:21 pm
C.G.D.S

I think Mercedes has the ideal Spanish lifestyle set up. She lives in a Spanish area and gets to travel a lot. I think it's a lot worse when you're stuck over there in a very expatty area.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think Mercedes has the ideal Spanish lifestyle set up. She lives in a Spanish area and gets to travel a lot. I think it's a lot worse when you're stuck over there in a very expatty area.

Sorry Guys...

but all this don't sound too bad.
After living in the French part of Belgium anyhow, the weather is bad, they drive like mad and I don't understand a word......
You have to try harder
Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh you're right. When I was around the expats, I started to buy machine gun magazines Around the larger louts and I started to do biology lessons in making a disease to kill only this particular species. .
Old Feb 10th 2005, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
What's the boards opinion
Will the brit 'invasion' ever become to much for the spainish...
Or will they always be tolerant.
Cheers
Jerry
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi,
What's the boards opinion
Will the brit 'invasion' ever become to much for the spainish...
Or will they always be tolerant.
Cheers
Jerry
Funny enough...that's exactly what I was wondering....I guess they just see the money in it....but then again a lot of the expats take business away from the Spanish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.