Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Private Pension

Private Pension

Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

cmw6372 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Private Pension

If you want to tar us with the same brush then consider this, i have been contacted by a "famous" basketball player living in Spain who has dealt with one of my competitors. To keep things short they have tied up over 2 million Euro's from his assets until 2034/2041. I am fighting his corner to reduce those terms significantly and to remove a 7% exit penalty they have also put in place. The existing advisor has taken his commission and run, whilst i am trying to resolve this for no fee ! I will earn nothing at all from solving the problem. Why ? Because i do not agree with the advice and solution given........ Hopefully long term the guy might want to do additional business with me but there is no obligation to do so......... So are we all that bad !
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:27 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I give in you are an angel
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Im obviously not going to appease you Jacky, maybe you are too far lost in BE Cyberspace ?

Let's leave the individuals to decide whether they want to hear my advice/opinion or not.

You can continue your "little war" on me, but please advise why you have chosen to do so ?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:30 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmw6372
If you want to tar us with the same brush then consider this, i have been contacted by a "famous" basketball player living in Spain who has dealt with one of my competitors. To keep things short they have tied up over 2 million Euro's from his assets until 2034/2041. I am fighting his corner to reduce those terms significantly and to remove a 7% exit penalty they have also put in place. The existing advisor has taken his commission and run, whilst i am trying to resolve this for no fee ! I will earn nothing at all from solving the problem. Why ? Because i do not agree with the advice and solution given........ Hopefully long term the guy might want to do additional business with me but there is no obligation to do so......... So are we all that bad !
To be honest, I would not want to go to any advisor who would post a clients financial details on a forum just to prove a point.

Surely the info you have posted should be kept between you and your client.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

I fail to see any personal clients financial information. What data is there on the client ? None !

If you dont like or want to read my opinion you do have the option to not read it, rather than trying to discredit someone who A) you dont even know and B) works tirelessly for his clients and has plenty of written testimonials to back himself up.

I will not respond further on this thread so would ask you dont waste any more of your time looking to put me or my comments down.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
As Rotor said get yourself a buy to let Avoid financial Advisors like the plague, especially the ones fishing for business on forums
Good advice Jacky!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:28 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmw6372
I fail to see any personal clients financial information. What data is there on the client ? None !

If you dont like or want to read my opinion you do have the option to not read it, rather than trying to discredit someone who A) you dont even know and B) works tirelessly for his clients and has plenty of written testimonials to back himself up.

I will not respond further on this thread so would ask you dont waste any more of your time looking to put me or my comments down.
I donĀ“t know about you, but before I decide if I like an opinion on a forum I HAVE TO READ IT FIRST. otherwise..........how could I form an opinion in the first place?......
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
I donĀ“t know about you, but before I decide if I like an opinion on a forum I HAVE TO READ IT FIRST. otherwise..........how could I form an opinion in the first place?......
Ah you plainly do not have in your possession that crystal ball financial advisors consult with such unfailing sagacity.

(Or, as they used to be called, Insurance Salesmen).
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Ah you plainly do not have in your possession that crystal ball financial advisors consult with such unfailing sagacity.

Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 6th 2013, 7:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

My IFA has a crystal ball and a magic wand in his meeting room
Old Mar 6th 2013, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Kayak is an unknown quantity at this point

For the Spanish pension schemes! They are utter rubbish... and make the UK ones look like pots of gold
Old Mar 8th 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Hi all,
Interesting thread. Not all IFAs are bent or dishonest. However please take care when you see a website that says "clients do not pay us for our services, we get paid directly by the institutions we have a working relationship with".
This is a bit like the bank, who used to say the advice was free.
This is rubbish, they get paid commission.
I am an IFA, I do not want, look for or need business from this forum.
I charge a fee. It is competitive and my clients make or save money!
When I go out socially though I say I am a male prostitute and |I get more respect than if I say I'm an IFA.
Regards