Priority Jerez

Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default Priority Jerez

Those who use Jerez airport would of noticed some expansion going on , as a result aircraft are now parking further away from the terminal .

A bus is now in action for the first time there to take passengers from terminal to aircraft .

Those paying for priority boarding only get to get on the bus first who gets off bus on to plane first is free for all .
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priority Jerez

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Those who use Jerez airport would of noticed some expansion going on , as a result aircraft are now parking further away from the terminal .

A bus is now in action for the first time there to take passengers from terminal to aircraft .

Those paying for priority boarding only get to get on the bus first who gets off bus on to plane first is free for all .
Yes typical Ryanair, The staff In spain dont realise the Priority, I havd this aswell in Jerez before when they made people Que up outside after passpport control when they moved the plane, absolutley ridiculous, they let Priority out first then had to que again and it was a who gotpushed on first job
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Am I correct in thinking that 'Priority Boarding' essentially is designed to appeal to people like me who like travelling light and who hate standing in queues for ages at check-in ? For the €3 fee, having a boarding card and turning up at the airport without any undue hassle about 40 minutes before the departure time is well worth it. Perhaps the boarding of the aircraft could be handled better though.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes basically, It does work well especially in the summer months, If I go with my partner now I try and book seperate tickets as she has her luggage, I just go as I am, although I have come unstuck doing that before having to pay more the next seat !!!

In Stansted its good but in Spain you still have to check in and Q up although the rest is pretty much easier, I mention Jerez in my post above - It was actually Salou where they made people q up outside the second time on the runway while everyone else was getting off the plane. when it was time to board every one just ran for it under the security ropes ect, so all the people with Priority were left standing, but I guess it works most time's
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nige
Am I correct in thinking that 'Priority Boarding' essentially is designed to appeal to people like me who like travelling light and who hate standing in queues for ages at check-in ? For the €3 fee, having a boarding card and turning up at the airport without any undue hassle about 40 minutes before the departure time is well worth it. Perhaps the boarding of the aircraft could be handled better though.
In a word no , you can opt for web check in if no luggage ,(ie missing the queues at check in) without paying the priority boarding fee .
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

In a word no , you can opt for web check in if no luggage ,(ie missing the queues at check in) without paying the priority boarding fee .
No, that is not right the web check in is the same cost as the Priority boarding its the same thing, you either pay the web check in when you book online, or you pay for luggage.

you can not miss the queues at check in at a spanish airport, then you can get priority boarding but if you are on a return trip its incuded anyway
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:57 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

I tried on wednesday to on line check in i had to pay if i wanted that. on the way back i checked in early and as i went through the gate i saw that they had given me an priority boarding slip I was amazed told by the guy at the gate that it was because we had checked in early I did notice that the couple before me hadnt been given them !!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andyrich666
No, that is not right the web check in is the same cost as the Priority boarding its the same thing, you either pay the web check in when you book online, or you pay for luggage.

you can not miss the queues at check in at a spanish airport, then you can get priority boarding but if you are on a return trip its incuded anyway
Why can't you miss the queues at a spanish airport ? you just check in on the web the same as if you going from any other airport ?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:02 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Why can't you miss the queues at a spanish airport ? you just check in on the web the same as if you going from any other airport ?
you have to pay honest !
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gallerie9
you have to pay honest !
just tried it , youre right, apologies
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

They are not as advanced in the airport for check in, they dont have the barcode scanners like they do at Stansted ect.

Its a very Casual affair geting on a plane from Spain, compared to getting on one in the UK wello The top 3 Airports anyway

Ryanair for instance pays something like £1200 to land a plane at Jerez and about £6-£12k at Stansted, which goes to pay the BAA for the service ect

Last edited by andyrich666; Jul 13th 2007 at 8:51 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Priority Jerez

just tried it , youre right, apologies
Hi Mourinho,

This was raised a few weeks ago in one of the weekend papers Travel supplements. The claim was that to check in online you had to buy priority boarding and the conclusion was that you did not but the escape route was well hidden.

I think it went like this you booked as though you wanted "Priority Boarding" then later on you had to deduct the cost with a little button well hidden so that most people would miss it.

But thats Ryanair if we want to fly cheaply they will try to load the cost with extras to make up. We have to be as smart as them to avoid all these catches and be determined to keep the cost down to 1p plus taxes.

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andyrich666
They are not as advanced in the airport for check in, they dont have the barcode scanners like they do at Stansted ect.

Its a very Casual affair geting on a plane from Spain, compared to getting on one in the UK wello The top 3 Airports anyway

Ryanair for instance pays something like £1200 to land a plane at Jerez and about £6-£12k at Stansted, which goes to pay the BAA for the service ect
I dont know what spanish airports you are talking about but Jerez and seville no problem with web check in .
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well if this is true it show's what a complete bufoon I am as Ive always gone to check in, and Then get gived my priority card, In fact m sure im not the only one

I never thought you could print a Check'n'go boarding card for your flight back to the UK. I feel a right idiot and im glad you have corrected me. No more 2-3 hour waits at airports now.

Jerez and Sev is where Im most often flying too
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a long story, but......
We came back to Liverpool from Seville on Friday night. It was utter chaos.
The first thing I always do is check the arrivals screen to see if the incoming flight is on time, and then ring my sister and let her know what time to pick us up from Liverpool.
On Friday the arrivals screen stated that the Liverpool flight was cancelled so we queued at the Ryanair desk to see if we could get onto the Stanstead flight due to leave at the same time. On reaching the desk we were informed that the Liverpool flight in fact had not been cancelled, but someone must have pressed the wrong button on the display. and the flight was being checked in now at desks 9 &10.
We had checked in on line, so no standing around for us However I did notice that desks 9 &10 were displaying "Stanstead" not Liverpool (With me so far?)
After going through security we settled down with a drink and a view of the planes coming and going.
At 20.35 a Ryanair plane arrived and people started to come down the steps.
After a close inspection of the arriving passengers we decided that they looked more like Scallys than your normal Essex types, and decided that this was indeed our flight.
The departure screen advised that both the Liverpool and Stanstead flights would leave from gate 2A. ( Are you keeping up with this?)
On reaching gate 2A the gate display screen said Stanstead, and the departure gate was full of Essex accents wearing short skirts and high heels
The area outside the gate was full of confused people saying "Eh Eh Eh, wass all diss den Eh?)
(So much for our observation skills of the arriving passengers we thought.)
we hung around with all the Scallys for around half an hour outside the gate, whilst all the smug looking Essex folks looked through the glass with false pity in their eyes.
After around 45 minutes a young lass in Ryanair regalia came out of the gate and shouted "Anyone for Liverpool?" to which around 100 voices answered yes!!
"Well hurry up you thick Scallys the plane has been waiting for you to board for the last half hour:curse:" And I've got 150 stupid mini skirted Essex types straining at the leash trying to break through the barrier and get on the wrong plane
Around about this time someone brought to her notice the large display board at the gate entrance that said "Stanstead"
"Oh SH*T" she says. "Please come through and go straight to the plane"

Airports eh, Don't you just love em'?

BTW The Stanstead flight arrived as we were walking to the plane.

Last edited by big wheels; Jul 15th 2007 at 12:17 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.