Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Prices of winter rentals?

Prices of winter rentals?

Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:19 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prices of winter rentals?

I know this is a 'how long is a piece of string ' question? but I really have no idea how much one would pay to rent a furnished place for the winter, whether it is 200 euros a month or 1000 euros. I know it will depend upon location.

Anyway, we are thinking in the future of selling our Spanish house (if we can) and renting somewhere through the winter instead. It doesn't have to be big, and we wouldn't mind if it was not a major resort. Inland would be fine, but not isolated (e.g. walking distance to a bar would be nice).

We would consider any type of dwelling providing it had electricity (mains or solar) and plumbing.

I know I could look on a rental website, but you can never actually tell what the area or the house is like.

Therefore I would like some real-life examples of hoew much places cost, with people speaking from experience, if at all possible, so that we can have some idea as to whether we could afford to do this or not.

I live up in the Sierra Nevada mountains in a pueblo blanco at the moment.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prices of winter rentals?

Originally Posted by scampicat
It doesn't have to be big, and we wouldn't mind if it was not a major resort.
You want to live on a holiday resort?

Even though some people look down on Benalmadena Pueblo I would never think of it as a resort, even Fuengirola for me is very much a working town.

Anyway, yes an impossible Q to answer. You pretty much answered it yourself, anything between 250-3000 euros per month depending where you want to live and how big.

Just flick through a site like idealista, fotocasa or segundamano. They are very user friendly.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:47 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
You want to live on a holiday resort?

Even though some people look down on Benalmadena Pueblo I would never think of it as a resort, even Fuengirola for me is very much a working town.

Anyway, yes an impossible Q to answer. You pretty much answered it yourself, anything between 250-3000 euros per month depending where you want to live and how big.

Just flick through a site like idealista, fotocasa or segundamano. They are very user friendly.
No, not really! (I would call both Benalmadena and Fuengirola resorts, major resorts, and although we like Fuengirola for a short break, Iwouldn't really want to live there).

Yes, I suppose it was a bit of an impossible question., I just hoped people would be able to tell me with some first-hand knowledge, like how much they pay and what they get for their money. But I suppose that is a bit personal.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by scampicat; Jan 18th 2011 at 8:53 am.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

We charge 450 euros a month + electricity for our winter let. It is inland andalucia, 3 bed, 2 bath, pool, fully furnished.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:05 pm
Ex Expat

Thank you cazzie, that is the sort of information I was after.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:56 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Here in Chiclana you could be lucky and get a six month winter rental for 250 a month - certainly 350 would give you a much larger choice

Davexf
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Here in Chiclana you could be lucky and get a six month winter rental for 250 a month - certainly 350 would give you a much larger choice

Davexf
Crickey, what is it, a garden shed? Friends of ours have just let out a very nice town house in Almuñecar for two months Feb-March, £2,250, and that was discounted for a long let. It's €875 a week in peak season.
Definitelty not what scampicat wants though.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:03 pm
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Davexf
Ah, that's more what we are looking for!

A friend of ours rents a huge house for £300 a month. I wondered if it was a fluke.

Hope not, maybe people might be open to offers!

Thanks for the replies.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

You can get a 3 bedroom townhouse in the Marbella area, even a short drive from Puerto Banus for around a 1000 Euros a month in the winter. Maybe even on the golf course.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

Hi

Our neigburs let out their property last year for 400 euro a month plus bills, its was a 3 bed terrace over looking the sea, its in La Alcazaba in Adra, a spanish area really, Adra has 25k people, but the village has about 70 on the padron, its 5 mins away on the bus or by car, they also let out a first line 3 bed apartment in Almunecar, 450 a month, these are long term 11 month lets, lots of spanish owned properties around at reasonable prices if you are looking in predominately spanish speaking areas, maybe have a ride around the area you fancy and ask again, selling could be a problem at the moment
Good luck !

Its for sale on www.kyero.com if you google it, you will see what its like, give you some idea.

Last edited by adra04778; Jan 19th 2011 at 5:47 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:50 am
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by adra04778
Hi

Our neigburs let out their property last year for 400 euro a month plus bills, its was a 3 bed terrace over looking the sea, its in La Alcazaba in Adra, a spanish area really, Adra has 25k people, but the village has about 70 on the padron, its 5 mins away on the bus or by car, they also let out a first line 3 bed apartment in Almunecar, 450 a month, these are long term 11 month lets, lots of spanish owned properties around at reasonable prices if you are looking in predominately spanish speaking areas, maybe have a ride around the area you fancy and ask again, selling could be a problem at the moment
Good luck !

Its for sale on www.kyero.com if you google it, you will see what its like, give you some idea.
Thanks, We know Adra reasonably well it is our nearest coast! Know Almuñecar a bit too, these would both be possibles on our list. Not looking to sell for a couple of years, hope things have picked up by then!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:52 am
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
You can get a 3 bedroom townhouse in the Marbella area, even a short drive from Puerto Banus for around a 1000 Euros a month in the winter. Maybe even on the golf course.
This is good for Puerto Banus (we have relations live there). However, it is too expensive for us and my husband would go into meltdown if he had to live near a golf couse.

But thanks for your reply, much appreciated!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 6:28 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Don`t forget Benalmadena has a pueblo, it`s not all resort when you get away from the beach areas.
We have just moved and there are loads of 3 bed houses going for 700 €`s month for long term.
A couple of years ago this was the price for a two bed apartment.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

We live in Alhaurin and currently pay 500e a month + bills which is working out at about 30e for water, gas and electric for a 4bed finca, fully furnished.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
We live in Alhaurin and currently pay 500e a month + bills which is working out at about 30e for water, gas and electric for a 4bed finca, fully furnished.
30e`s a month for all three, can you plug me into your electric supply ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.