Reload this Page >

prescriptions in spain

prescriptions in spain

Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

league is an unknown quantity at this point
Default prescriptions in spain

hi

Can someone let me know the cost of obtaining a prescription from a doctor if you are in spain temporarily as a tourist, also to see a doctor do you also have to pay.

regards league
Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: prescriptions in spain

Originally Posted by league
hi

Can someone let me know the cost of obtaining a prescription from a doctor if you are in spain temporarily as a tourist, also to see a doctor do you also have to pay.

regards league
Your Portugeezer EHIC should cover you in Spain while on holiday, most drugs are cheap here, if you are a pensioner they will be free.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

I know drugs are cheaper in spain I was asking is there a charge to see a doctor in spain as non resident, and is there a charge for the doctor to issue a prescription and if so what charge with an ehic as non resident I know some drugs are obtainable over the counter.

regards league
Old Jan 28th 2012, 5:37 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I know drugs are cheaper in spain I was asking is there a charge to see a doctor in spain as non resident, and is there a charge for the doctor to issue a prescription and if so what charge with an ehic as non resident I know some drugs are obtainable over the counter.

regards league
with the EHIC you get to see a doctor for free

the cost of meds on a prescription varies
Old Jan 28th 2012, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

sorry if my English cannot be understood correctly.
I asked if there is a charge from the doctor for issuing a prescription not the charge for the medication which is obvious that the charge for the medication will vary.

regards league
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:32 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I asked if there is a charge from the doctor for issuing a prescription not the charge for the medication which is obvious that the charge for the medication will vary.

regards league
Would it not be possible to bring the medication with you from Portugal for your holiday?

That would save a lot of bother.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 6:56 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

regards league
I understood you just fine

the prescription itself would be free from a state doctor - but what you pay at the farmacia will depend on what meds you were getting

if you were going to the UK you'd pay the same no matter what meds were written on the prescription - it's a flat fee

not knowing how things work in Portugal I thought I'd specify that it isn't a flat fee in Spain

Originally Posted by JLFS
Would it not be possible to bring the medication with you from Portugal for your holiday?

That would save a lot of bother.

that of course would be the best solution if he is taking regular medication

Last edited by lynnxa; Jan 29th 2012 at 7:15 am.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:07 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I understood you just fine

the prescription itself would be free from a state doctor - but what you pay at the farmacia will depend on what meds you were getting

if you were going to the UK you'd pay the same no matter what meds were written on the prescription - it's a flat fee

not knowing how things work in Portugal I thought I'd specify that it isn't a flat fee in Spain
Well his English must be better than mine then? ho ho
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

hi

I could take medication from Portugal if I went on holiday but that was not the info that I wanted to find out, is the prescription free and if a visit to the doctor is chargeable which have been answered now thanks.

Portugal has charges to see a doctor all tests xrays etc are additional before paying for medication which can be quite expensive compared to spain.

regards league

Last edited by league; Jan 29th 2012 at 2:46 pm. Reason: ammendment
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:48 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

hi

I could take medication from Portugal if I went on holiday but that was not the info that I wanted to find out, is the prescription free and if a visit to the doctor is chargeable which have been answered now thanks.

Portugal has charges to see a doctor all tests xrays etc are additional before paying for medication which can be quite expensive compared to spain.

regards league
I think it's worth mentioning that the EHIC is only for emergency treatment whilst on holiday
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

regards league
Tell us what EHIC you hold and then we can put it in easy read answers.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

friend on holiday with us fell broke a rib, saw local doc sent to hospital had x ray, 4 scrips total cost 6 euros and 25cents, obviously used his EHIC they went home amazed at the treatment, very very impressed.