Pregnant

Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

midget gem will become famous soon enough
Default Pregnant

Hello Everybody, sorry it has been a while since my last post but i ahve some news - i am pregnant!! Aprrox 7 weeks with my first baby and although i ma very excited i am also terrified as i ahve no idea where/how/what medical advice/help i can get in Spain? So i am wondering if anybody else is the same position or has experience??

We have been in Benalmadena now for 2 months, we have our NIE numbers and are self employed.

As yet i don't even have a doctor!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant

Originally Posted by midget gem
Hello Everybody, sorry it has been a while since my last post but i ahve some news - i am pregnant!! Aprrox 7 weeks with my first baby and although i ma very excited i am also terrified as i ahve no idea where/how/what medical advice/help i can get in Spain? So i am wondering if anybody else is the same position or has experience??

We have been in Benalmadena now for 2 months, we have our NIE numbers and are self employed.

As yet i don't even have a doctor!!
do you have your SIP card ? you need to register at the docs asap and they will refer you to the midwife for a check up and then send you for scans at the hospital (thats what they do here anyway)

and

CONGRATULATIONS
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

oh god, what's an SIP card? I have never even heard of that one??
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:36 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations!!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

thank you so much! I just wish i could sit back and relax but now i feel i have a mountain of things to sort out!! I forgot to mention in my first post that i do have my NHIC card for medical help but to be honest i'm not sure what this entitles me too??
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:59 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations midget gem!

That is brilliant news.

Try not to stress too much.....remember, it's not good for the baby
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

thank you so much! I just wish i could sit back and relax but now i feel i have a mountain of things to sort out!! I forgot to mention in my first post that i do have my NHIC card for medical help but to be honest i'm not sure what this entitles me too??
I dont know what the NHIC card is - is that from UK ?

An SIP card is a card that you are issued so you can receive free medical treatment here in Spain - if you are working legally you are entitled to have one - you will need one to see doc and make appointments at hospital and you also need to show it when you get prescriptions at the chemist

if you go to your local doc they will advise on what you need to do but I do think things have changed since I got mine so maybe someone else here will be abel to give more up to date advice

perhaps you can see the midwife and have scans etc using the NHIC card, I dont know
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:20 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

I asked the same question a while ago about the SIP card - aparantly it is something that you only have in the Valencia region.

Everywhere else you should have a Social Security card - it is red on one side, and green on the back. The green side is your health card that entitles you to free medical treatment.

I guess you just go and find yourself a family doctor, show him your card, and let him guide the way.

BTW, I saw on the news last night that from now on the government is giving away 2500 euros for every baby born in Spain. Foreigners will need to prove that they have been in the country X amount of time - I can´t remember what X was but worth looking into!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

ok well thank you all for your help. i think the best thing for me to do is find myself a local doctor and hopefully they will guide me as to the forms i need etc...and that 2500 euros would certainly come in handy!! I will google it now to try and find out!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:33 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Here's to all the forthcoming sleepless nights, scaitica, backache, heartburn, hormones, babysitters, school fees....

Seriously though...

Congratulations! Just take it easy and it'll all come together - don't you worry.

Me & Mrs DF are 5 months ahead of you with our first
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:41 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Here's to all the forthcoming sleepless nights, scaitica, backache, heartburn, hormones, babysitters, school fees....

Seriously though...

Congratulations! Just take it easy and it'll all come together - don't you worry.

Me & Mrs DF are 5 months ahead of you with our first
anyone would think it was you who was pregnant

congrats to you too
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:49 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
anyone would think it was you who was pregnant

congrats to you too

WOT U TALKIN ABOUT??
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:50 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by derbyflan
oy don't start on me!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 4:01 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Midget gem.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 4:05 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Midget Gem

CONGRATULATIONS

I hope everything goes well for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.