Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Preferential Rubbish Collection - Esuri

Preferential Rubbish Collection - Esuri

Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Preferential Rubbish Collection - Esuri

I have to share this tale because I am still cringing with embarassment. At a recent committee meeting at Esuri some Brits requested that Ayamonte council should empty the bins at Esuri between 12 to 2 PM during the day so that their sleep would not be interrupted by the 3 minute inconvenience.

Of course, this matter will be seriously considered and in line with British rubbish collections, bins will now be collected every fortnight.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice
Default Re: Preferential Rubbish Collection - Esuri

Originally Posted by Sharon B
I have to share this tale because I am still cringing with embarassment. At a recent committee meeting at Esuri some Brits requested that Ayamonte council should empty the bins at Esuri between 12 to 2 PM during the day so that their sleep would not be interrupted by the 3 minute inconvenience.

Of course, this matter will be seriously considered and in line with British rubbish collections, bins will now be collected every fortnight.
we have lived in Ayamonte over two years and to be honest we don't really hear the nightly bin collection. Wouldn't like to be a bin man trying to work during 12-2 during the day. Then of course if they are late you are entering dangerous area The Siesta.when silence must be observed.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

We Brits really know how to endear ourselves to the locals don't we!!!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
We Brits really know how to endear ourselves to the locals don't we!!!
They will find out when it`s next pickup time. ;-))
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

It gets even better, at the same meeting some Brit owners requested that children should not be allowed to play in the playgrounds after 9.30 PM . These people should realise that this is SPAIN, kids are out at this time after their siesta, the family atmosphere was what brought some of us here in the first place.

If it wasn't for the fact that this information was from a reliable source I wouldn't have believed that people actually think they can dictate such matters, all for integrating into the Spanish community eh?!!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:20 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

It gets even better, at the same meeting some Brit owners requested that children should not be allowed to play in the playgrounds after 9.30 PM . These people should realise that this is SPAIN, kids are out at this time after their siesta, the family atmosphere was what brought some of us here in the first place.

If it wasn't for the fact that this information was from a reliable source I wouldn't have believed that people actually think they can dictate such matters, all for integrating into the Spanish community eh?!!
we used to have Brit neighbours like that who only came for hols

I sat them down with a few beers one day & explained that they were in Spain - and how it works here - no problems after that (actually it was more than just a few beers!)

my dd (13) was getting 'irritated' yesterday at a Brit family who are renting here for hols - they were in the pool from 12 noon til 7pm - and very noisy the entire time - thus breaking the rules

I told her that they probably don't know the rules so we can't really say that they are breaking them

the difference is that the spanish residents who must have been having their siesta disturbed - I know I was - didn't say a word - live & let live & they'll be gone in a couple of weeks
Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
we used to have Brit neighbours like that who only came for hols

I sat them down with a few beers one day & explained that they were in Spain - and how it works here - no problems after that (actually it was more than just a few beers!)

my dd (13) was getting 'irritated' yesterday at a Brit family who are renting here for hols - they were in the pool from 12 noon til 7pm - and very noisy the entire time - thus breaking the rules

I told her that they probably don't know the rules so we can't really say that they are breaking them

the difference is that the spanish residents who must have been having their siesta disturbed - I know I was - didn't say a word - live & let live & they'll be gone in a couple of weeks
Rentals have the rules pinned up in the apartments, and it usually works quite well. ;-))
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Rentals have the rules pinned up in the apartments, and it usually works quite well. ;-))
I remember this time last year, when I asked if was reasonable for Spanish workmen employed by British expats to start work in August at 7.00am every morning (during what is officially summer holiday shutdown season)... and was taken to task on here for suggesting that locals should consider holidaymakers, and other residents who do not wish to rise with the sun ....
Live and let live ... 12 noon to 7.00pm is a time for rest and relaxation- not deep and uninterrupted sleep!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:06 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
they're not pinned up here

in fact I had to ask for a copy

I wanted the original spanish but was given a badly translated english version

so I'm still not much the wiser!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by noelrosie
I remember this time last year, when I asked if was reasonable for Spanish workmen employed by British expats to start work in August at 7.00am every morning (during what is officially summer holiday shutdown season)... and was taken to task on here for suggesting that locals should consider holidaymakers, and other residents who do not wish to rise with the sun ....
Live and let live ... 12 noon to 7.00pm is a time for rest and relaxation- not deep and uninterrupted sleep!
3pm to 5pm is SILENCE TIME!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Lynnxa, you may be right. It may only be owners who use the property for holidays but they do need a good speaking to before they alienate everyone.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:46 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Lynnxa, you may be right. It may only be owners who use the property for holidays but they do need a good speaking to before they alienate everyone.
They're not owners - they've either rented from or are friends of an owner

I agree with you, BUT - in places we've rented in the past we've told holidaymakers about the rules & ended up the alienated ones!

the community president (spanish) has his apartment right next to the pool, and the vice president (english) right above it next to us - if they're not saying anything I'm sure not!

anyway, it's a moot point at the moment - it's raining!!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnxa
They're not owners - they've either rented from or are friends of an owner

I agree with you, BUT - in places we've rented in the past we've told holidaymakers about the rules & ended up the alienated ones!

the community president (spanish) has his apartment right next to the pool, and the vice president (english) right above it next to us - if they're not saying anything I'm sure not!

anyway, it's a moot point at the moment - it's raining!!
Oops sorry, my comment was about the Esuri owners. And hey, no rain and 30 degrees here.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
we have lived in Ayamonte over two years and to be honest we don't really hear the nightly bin collection. Wouldn't like to be a bin man trying to work during 12-2 during the day. Then of course if they are late you are entering dangerous area The Siesta.when silence must be observed.
Before moving to Costa Esuri we lived in Sheffield City Centre for 2yrs and the bins were emptied there during the night as it avoids traffic (obviously no heat to worry about ). The trouble with some Brits is that they moan about people coming to the UK and not following local etiquete then move to Spain and are exactly the same as the folks they moaned about. We have no problem with the early bin collection,( in fact its nice to know they are emptied so regularly as oppossed to the UK ) and we also enjoy a nap in the afternoon when its really hot. Regards Bryony.

P.S. in the Resident this month there is an article on 'Beach Etiquete' maybe they could do one on 'Local General Etiquete'

Last edited by MikeCol; Aug 12th 2009 at 10:53 am.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

AlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant futureAlandEve has a brilliant future

My 2cents time ..

I am a owner who has a young family - I rent out my duplex to other young families. I will be out next 2 weeks, and we will be in the pool having fun during daylight hours.

However I purchased this property (like many others) as a vacation home, no doubt my family will make a reasonable noise while having fun - we are on vacation .. I wont be asking my family to be silent between 1500 and 1700 ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.