Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

prefabricated house

prefabricated house

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

janet57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default prefabricated house

Does anyone know if you need building permission to put on land in castellon region.we have had over 10,000 sq mtrs of land (rustic)and for the last 3 years we have tried to do everything right getting all the right paperwork and at the last hurdle the forrestry commision has refused permission all because of a fire nine years ago on the land.they now say no building on the land the local mayor who initialy gave his goahead now says no. our last hope is a prefab but dont know the laws in spain so any advise is helpful.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: prefabricated house

Originally Posted by janet57
Does anyone know if you need building permission to put on land in castellon region.we have had over 10,000 sq mtrs of land (rustic)and for the last 3 years we have tried to do everything right getting all the right paperwork and at the last hurdle the forrestry commision has refused permission all because of a fire nine years ago on the land.they now say no building on the land the local mayor who initialy gave his goahead now says no. our last hope is a prefab but dont know the laws in spain so any advise is helpful.
It`s still a house and you have to build it, so you would probably get the bill for them to demolish it and a fine.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:15 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

This really is one for your solicitor; it depends on so many things. There used to be a thought here that you could "get away with" a temporary structure on land, therefore you could put a wooden house up as a temporary structure. However I believe that as soon as you connect "services" (electric, water in & out etc) then the structure is no longer temprary.

So talk to your solicitor - you can loose an awful amount of money if you get it wrong.

Davexf
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:31 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

This really is one for your solicitor; it depends on so many things. There used to be a thought here that you could "get away with" a temporary structure on land, therefore you could put a wooden house up as a temporary structure. However I believe that as soon as you connect "services" (electric, water in & out etc) then the structure is no longer temprary.

So talk to your solicitor - you can loose an awful amount of money if you get it wrong.

Davexf
I think "Rustic" is the main word here.

Also as soon as a wooden building is big enough and needs a foundation it changes category.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the various replies we have had a soliciter for 12 months who was recomended to us in valencia he has already charged us over a thousand pounds and now wants another thousand even though we are no further on from 12 months ago. the frefab is not the wooden type.when we asked him he said I cant see why you cannot put one on as you can move it if need be.feel like we are being stringed along. I can see what you mean about electric and water though. we went through a soliciter when we bought the land and she said there was not a problem with the land.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the various replies we have had a soliciter for 12 months who was recomended to us in valencia he has already charged us over a thousand pounds and now wants another thousand even though we are no further on from 12 months ago. the frefab is not the wooden type.when we asked him he said I cant see why you cannot put one on as you can move it if need be.feel like we are being stringed along. I can see what you mean about electric and water though. we went through a soliciter when we bought the land and she said there was not a problem with the land.
If it were me I'd look out all correspondence with her, see what she said, put it to either the ayuntamiento or the new solicitor and/or both & see what happens. Maybe she was the one who actually strung you along just to get your business? In the UK if she gave naff advice you'd stand a chance of maybe compensation or something, wouldn't keep your hopes up here though?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

There is no way you are allowed to build a house on rustic land, she full well knew that when she took your case on.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:52 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

I`m no expert on planning laws, but have come across people using this type of method to construct as a way of getting around planning laws in the UK.

Its also a great way to build a house.

http://www.polarwall.co.uk/pages/sel...FQyjQwod01ns4A

Maybe worth a go, there has been some success within France.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

jdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to all

If you are not happy with your solicitor and think you have been taken for a ride you could always report him/her to 'el coligio de abogados'. Infact, if you even suggest this to him/her you may get a favourable response.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

The annoying thing about this is there are other houses that have been built on land in area that were also affected with the fire and they got planning permission.apparently a local visit from the forrestry commision from castellon just happened to see our land fenced off(which we did when we bought it) and did some checks and we were refused.our soliciter made checks and confirmed the others had permission.he has said it would cost a small fortune to go to court to fight for permission and he couldnt see us changing their mind anyway. to top it off he has suggested building a very small one up one down classing it as a farm and building on later but they could still tell us to pull it down.its like knocking our heads against a wall.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

If you were in the UK my advice would be contact your MP, your local paper, your local radio station, TV, consumer programmes, all and sundry, & let publicity do some of your work for you. Here I'm not sure if it would work for or against you, but given that you're already knocking your head against a non-existent brick wall, .........?