Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Praise for Telefonica

Praise for Telefonica

Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:28 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Praise for Telefonica

we asked about having our number relocated to the new place when we moved, Telefonica (English speaking person) said 15 - 21 days, 22 days later, lo and behold, telephone disconnected at old house, and reconnected at new one, took about 20 minutes. All running perfectly, including ADSL. OK they were a day out, but that's Spain.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Praise for Telefonica

Glad to hear it Mike

I must say, we've has nothing but very good service from Telefonica so far.

How's life in your new place?
Are you all settled?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

We were cut off last week due to unpaid bill, although September paid, seems direct debit for August was not paid by bank, we went and sorted it out straight away that morning, and it was paid, telefonica said 72 hours to be re-connected, but by that evening we were back on! So praise from us also
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

KnockCollins will become famous soon enough

hmm....sort of agree, getting your business they are good at. However, due to a bad storm, i suspect, we lost adsl and despite my spanish not being bad, communicating with the support technicians on the telephone to sort it out wasn't the easiest (hey, these techie things aren't easy for me in english let alone spanish). My gripe is this: if they're willing to provide english speaking assistants to get the english business then they should provide at least one or two english speaking IT technicians when things go wrong? Only fair, surely....

When complaining, the solution i was given was that if face to face contact was easier for me I could pay 40euros for a technician to come out and c. 40euros to get it all reconfigured but it would take a few days.....

anyhow, after pressing lots of buttons, right clicking here and there and praying, all fixed.... but no thanks to telefonica...

that said, if it wasn't for telefonica i wouldn't be living and working here so i they're a mixed blessing.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KnockCollins
hmm....sort of agree, getting your business they are good at. However, due to a bad storm, i suspect, we lost adsl and despite my spanish not being bad, communicating with the support technicians on the telephone to sort it out wasn't the easiest (hey, these techie things aren't easy for me in english let alone spanish). My gripe is this: if they're willing to provide english speaking assistants to get the english business then they should provide at least one or two english speaking IT technicians when things go wrong? Only fair, surely....

When complaining, the solution i was given was that if face to face contact was easier for me I could pay 40euros for a technician to come out and c. 40euros to get it all reconfigured but it would take a few days.....

anyhow, after pressing lots of buttons, right clicking here and there and praying, all fixed.... but no thanks to telefonica...

that said, if it wasn't for telefonica i wouldn't be living and working here so i they're a mixed blessing.
Could be a lot worse.......
Attached Thumbnails Praise for Telefonica-global-support-employee-month.jpg  
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

lynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the rough

Lol
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Glad to hear it Mike

I must say, we've has nothing but very good service from Telefonica so far.

How's life in your new place?
Are you all settled?
Pretty well settled, still a few things to move, but when visitors have gone will get it done.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:01 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

When we moved, telefonica arranged a technician to change the number on the day of the move, in fact he was waiting for us when we turned up