PPL anyone?

Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute
Default PPL anyone?

Now that I have plenty of time on my hands I am contemplating taking a PPL course. Surprisingly my wife, whoe hates small planes and wouldn't come for a ride in my friend's R44 chopper is quite keen on us being able to fly around. Flying is one of those things that I have always had in the back of my mind to do but other than dabbling over the years never got around to doing seriously.

Does anybody on this board fly private planes and maybe have any advice to offer such as reputable local flying schools. I live in Sayalonga so I guess within a couple of hours drive.

I've been doing a little research online and found a couple of schools operating from Velez Malaga and Malaga airport. Any experience of these?. Any recomended schools maybe in the other direction towards Almeria or inland?

Thinking about after gaining the PPL is it easy to buy a share in a plane to ease flying costs. Is that as common over here as it is in the UK? What sort of price would I expect to pay for 1/4, 1/5 or 1/6 share in a light plane?

Thx
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: PPL anyone?

I have my PPL but I'm still in the UK and not living in Spain so can't advise on local clubs. The rules should be pretty similar however with us all being JAR so if you have any questions relating to the training itself I'll be happy to advise.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bob,

My wife saw your post and has asked me to reply to you.

I am a NPPL flying an Aeromoragon M1 along with three other owners out of Los Garranchos, Nr Sucina, Murcia. The guy who taught me now operates in Almeria, however I am loath to put contact names & tele No.s on forums, soory about that however if you send me an E-Mail direct I will be happy to forward more details.

[email protected]

Regards

John

Last edited by gill556; Jan 10th 2010 at 11:10 am.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies. I'e sent you an email John and may well be back in touch with expat2be.

Hope you manage to make the move sooner rather than later. We've been here in Sayalonga for 7 months now and are loving every minute of it, even though right now it's snowing a little outside.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 12:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gill556
Hi Bob,

My wife saw your post and has asked me to reply to you.

I am a NPPL flying an Aeromoragon M1 along with three other owners out of Los Garranchos, Nr Sucina, Murcia. The guy who taught me now operates in Almeria, however I am loath to put contact names & tele No.s on forums, soory about that however if you send me an E-Mail direct I will be happy to forward more details.

[email protected]

Regards

John
Not a good idea to post your email unless you collect spam.
people can contact you by clicking on your username.