Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Power of Attorney

Power of Attorney

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

flamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really nice
Default Power of Attorney

Does any one know the procedures for cancelling a power of attorney given to a Spanish lawyer.

We do not have a copy of the PoA.

Many thanks
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Power of Attorney

Originally Posted by flamingo
Does any one know the procedures for cancelling a power of attorney given to a Spanish lawyer. We do not have a copy of the PoA.
Many thanks
Hello Flamingo,
I hope you know which Lawer you gave the P.O.A to, this would help you a lot, You must write in Spanish and English that you are rinsinding the Power of Attorney, from the said lawer, from (Date) Place (office) that you gave him/her on (date) Place (office). You might require a witness to counter sign as well then present your letters (three 3) to the office of the lawer get the lawer to sign all three (3) letters, (six in all including the English version) give one to the Lawer, you keep one of the letters and give one of the letters to your bank, (the letter to your bank must be given to the manager/ess) this will ensure that your lawer will not be able to draw from your funds at the Bank.

I do hope this helps you. Good Luck.
David SR
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hello Flamingo,
I hope you know which Lawer you gave the P.O.A to, this would help you a lot, You must write in Spanish and English that you are rinsinding the Power of Attorney, from the said lawer, from (Date) Place (office) that you gave him/her on (date) Place (office). You might require a witness to counter sign as well then present your letters (three 3) to the office of the lawer get the lawer to sign all three (3) letters, (six in all including the English version) give one to the Lawer, you keep one of the letters and give one of the letters to your bank, (the letter to your bank must be given to the manager/ess) this will ensure that your lawer will not be able to draw from your funds at the Bank.

I do hope this helps you. Good Luck.
David SR

I am glad you asked this question flamingo!!

Countryboy -Does anything need to be passed to the town hall, where the POA was authorised?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NicCol
I am glad you asked this question flamingo!!

Countryboy -Does anything need to be passed to the town hall, where the POA was authorised?
Hello NicCol,
Town Hall? what has been given to the town hall? If your Lawer works in the town hall then yes, But I cannot see why you have given P.O.A to the town hall.
You might have to PM me to go into depth on this one..

David SR