Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Possibly moving to Spain, Barcelona area???

Possibly moving to Spain, Barcelona area???

Old Apr 15th 2011, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

tommyd1888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possibly moving to Spain, Barcelona area???

Hi everyone

I am currently living in Italy and could possibly be moving to Spain to a new office my company is opening in Mollet de Valles.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a good place to live around there. It will be just me and although I can drive I would be hoping to not have to buy a car so require good public transport. Of course this may not be possible depending on where the office is.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would it be possible to live in Barcelona and commute to Mollet every day? Also does anyone know any good websites where I can look at flats for rent?

Cheers
Tommy
Old Apr 15th 2011, 10:18 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possibly moving to Spain, Barcelona area???

I cant tell you too much, although I have visited Barcelona and loved it.

In the old Olympic village near the front there are some fairly nice apartments, although I expect they are not cheap, and are of course relatively new. It's fairly close to the centre

We were also in Badalona (just north) for a few days and parts of that were very pleasant. Theres a pedestrian area in the centre with lots of shops and bars. Its a short train ride to Barcelona City, so quite handy for commuting.

http://www.shbarcelona.com/long-term-rental

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Apr 15th 2011 at 10:21 am.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possibly moving to Spain, Barcelona area???

Like any big city Barcelona has good transport links to the surrounding areas so choices are a plenty.